Old 02-08-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas EF
Engine: Cat 3126
Best outdoor RV shower.

Thanks to the people in this group we were able to find a very nice porcelain composting toilet which I doubt we would have been able to find on our own. We had been looking for months and months before we decided to post here and got the hell we were looking for.

The time has come again for more help! Weíve been looking for an outdoor RV shower that is nicer than the typical ones. Iíve searched and searched and found a few that are for boats that seem a bit nicer but are still cheap plastic.

This will be our only shower so it needs to last. I think a quick disconnect for the hose and shower head will be best since again, this will be our only shower and we donít want any freezing problems. Iím not sure if a retractable hose is the best route since it will likely be wet after use, and shoving that down into the wall will turn into a mold issue fast.

Open to ideas and excited to get this water ran. Itís really been holding us up.

Thanks!
Holly & Dustin
Old 02-08-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Here’s a video with a great outdoor shower idea

https://m.youtube.com/watch?index=74...&v=WtZzRW96aB0

And this guy has an interesting take that maybe could be scaled up.

Maybe combined with a stair-shower?
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:08 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Also, what do you have in mind for a shower? Is it hooked up to a water heater? Does it have to be permanently installed?

One of those propane on demand water heaters could have a bracket where it could be hung when in use, with a hatch that has water supply and gas supply connections.
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
I think the best bet for what you're looking for is to do a DIY shower using regular residential fixtures. Residential fixtures will ensure you get the quality that you're after. You'd need an enclosure, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem once you find one. You guys don't want the typical cheap RV stuff, and I can appreciate where you're coming from...I was looking for a nice outdoor shower system too, but I couldn't find anything that looked to be the quality that I wanted. I mean, we're really just talking about a mixing valve with a sprayer hose and shower head. All of which needs to be in a recessed box with a cover. Trick is to get a nice stainless steel box to mount in the side of the bus.
I wasn't able to find a fixture like you're looking for at the time I was searching.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:32 PM   #5
Skoolie

Best outdoor RV shower.

Danjo, thanks for the post, but those showers are way off the mark.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #6
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Bru View Post
I think the best bet for what you're looking for is to do a DIY shower using regular residential fixtures. Residential fixtures will ensure you get the quality that you're after. You'd need an enclosure, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem once you find one. You guys don't want the typical cheap RV stuff, and I can appreciate where you're coming from...I was looking for a nice outdoor shower system too, but I couldn't find anything that looked to be the quality that I wanted. I mean, we're really just talking about a mixing valve with a sprayer hose and shower head. All of which needs to be in a recessed box with a cover. Trick is to get a nice stainless steel box to mount in the side of the bus.
I wasn't able to find a fixture like you're looking for at the time I was searching.

I hear ya. I canít even find a RV shower box thatís not made of plastic. Itís kind of frustrating to have to literally design everything we want because the products available are junk. This project would be much easier if I were to come across a nice enclosure. Having a custom fabricated one is an option, but not preferred.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:07 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Chassis: Collins
Engine: 6.6L LMM Duramax
I'm having the same issue. I settled and bought a plastic enclosure valve, but haven't put it in yet because it doesn't seem like it last long!?! I don't want to cut a hole in the side of my bus for junk! Let me know if you find anything!

As far as the shower curtain part... I'm planning on having something off of my back platform but haven't got that far...
Frochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:58 AM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: Dt 466e
Don't want to miss this.

naes14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:14 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I'll mount a nozzle clamp on the outside of the window above the kitchen sink. The sink sprayer can pull out the window and mount in the clamp.