Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2021, 10:35 AM   #1

Compost toilet and other plumbing concerns

Hi all! I'm new here and I'm looking for some help with plumbing. I just bought a Class D flat nose RE bus. I want to put in a compost toilet and a shower in the bathroom. I also want a sink in the kitchen. I want to use as little water as possible. I don't know the first thing about what I'll need to achieve this!

Some of my questions are:
1. How big of a water tank will I need? I only need it to shower (I take 2-5 minute long showers), cooking/washing dishes, and washing clothes (I plan on washing them in a portable washer that I can operate with my foot like this one)
2. Can someone explain what gray and black water tanks are? Do I need a black water tank if I am using a compost toilet?
3. I read somewhere that someone was using the heat from their engine to heat their water. I don't remember where I read it though. Can anyone offer me any advice on that? Is that possible?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated! My uncle is going to be helping me out and he is a professional plumber but his expertise is in residential. I know he could figure out how it all works on a bus, but I didn't want to leave it all up to him.

Thank you!!

beatricedelores is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compost, plumbing, shower, toilet, water