Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e/Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 65
convert 1 1/2 outlet to 3 inch sewer hose?

I have come to the conclusion that i will need a 2nd grey tank in addition to the primary gray and black tank due to the location of my kitchen sink. I have the tank, and the perfect spot to mount it. the question is how can i use the same 3" sewer hose when this 2nd gray tank only has a 1 1/2" threaded outlet. Would just putting a couple bushings/reducers on the outlet to get up to 3" make sense? is there something i'm missing?

cdrobbins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:41 PM   #2
Almost There

Coachwork: Thomas 4-Window
Chassis: 2003 Ford E350
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 6
Most any big box home improvement store will have PVC reducers that will get you there... Something like this:

https://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...560-c-8571.htm
FatBoySTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
Skoolie

I was assuming that would be the route to take, thanks
Old 06-24-2020, 09:54 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobbins77 View Post
I have come to the conclusion that i will need a 2nd grey tank in addition to the primary gray and black tank due to the location of my kitchen sink. I have the tank, and the perfect spot to mount it. the question is how can i use the same 3" sewer hose when this 2nd gray tank only has a 1 1/2" threaded outlet. Would just putting a couple bushings/reducers on the outlet to get up to 3" make sense? is there something i'm missing?
Can you get your new grey water discharge line close to your existing black tank discharge? In an rv situation the waste hose is connected to the black tank drain and then the grey water tank is released to rinse the bad black stuff out of your hose with only one connection. See attached Pic of what that connection looks like. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	45954
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:55 PM   #5
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
Can you get your new grey water discharge line close to your existing black tank discharge? In an rv situation the waste hose is connected to the black tank drain and then the grey water tank is released to rinse the bad black stuff out of your hose with only one connection. See attached Pic of what that connection looks like. Attachment 45954
I'll be using that fitting for my primary gray and black tanks, but the kitchen grey is on the other side of the wheel well
Old 06-24-2020, 10:20 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobbins77 View Post
I'll be using that fitting for my primary gray and black tanks, but the kitchen grey is on the other side of the wheel well
I am doing the same thing, tanks on both sides of bus. Grey tank on passenger side can discharge 1.5" using an external macerater pump to pump over to the main dump fitting. In your case just tie in to 1.5" before the knife valve. Much nicer than dragging a sh*tty poop hose around the bus.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:22 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Yes I get that you are putting tank behind wheel on same side but still applies. Just pump forward over axle to discharge valve