Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #1

Draining ClassACustoms freshwater tank with 1.5" drain hole

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone else here has run into this issue with their ClassACustoms freshwater tank. The tank they sent me has 4 openings, two 1/2" openings (for air vent and line to water pump), and two 1.5" openings (for water fill and water drain). I would like to be able to drain the tank with a hose, but I can't seem to find a fitting that reduces from 1.5" to a 1/2" fitting for my pex line to go into. Does anyone have a suggestion for what fitting to use or have any experience draining another way? I am looking to run the drain line out from the water tank to the rear emergency exit.

Thanks a lot.

kellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:05 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Shouldn’t you be able to find a barb fitting like that? Or a bushing
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:49 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: El Dorado Fiberglass
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: V10 Gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellin View Post
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone else here has run into this issue with their ClassACustoms freshwater tank. The tank they sent me has 4 openings, two 1/2" openings (for air vent and line to water pump), and two 1.5" openings (for water fill and water drain). I would like to be able to drain the tank with a hose, but I can't seem to find a fitting that reduces from 1.5" to a 1/2" fitting for my pex line to go into. Does anyone have a suggestion for what fitting to use or have any experience draining another way? I am looking to run the drain line out from the water tank to the rear emergency exit.

Thanks a lot.
Sounds like you're already using the half inch opening for supply, so the only thing you have left is the inch and a half opening, correct?

There's no single fitting that does that to my knowledge, but if you want to completely drain the tank consider an inch and a half plug with a half inch NPT opening at the bottom of the plug.
Rucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:09 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Use reducing bushings to get from the 1.5" to .5" FIP then a .5" PEX-MIP.

Tags
draining, freshwater, tank