Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Incinerating Toilets?

So I hear folks mention regular RV toilets with black water tanks, and I hear about dry composting toilets. I was doing some digging around and found out about incinerating toilets. Such as the Incinolet or the Cinderella Toilet.

These type of toilets require more power than could be supplied by solar panels, but if you're already rigged up with AC that runs on a generator these can run on the same circuit. Cinderella Toilet even has a model that uses propane instead of electricity.

The concept is that you do your deed into a wax paper liner, you drop it into the bottom of the toilet where the incinerator is (while standing, of course) and push a button to "flush" which starts a hot air coil and burns the waste to ash. The ash pan needs to be emptied every few weeks and is completely sanitary.

Sure, these use a good amount of electricity...but it completely eliminates fussing with tanks of liquid poo, bags of dried poo, and boxes of dirt you have to discreetly dispose of. Ashes can be tossed out without any worry of legal issues.

What is everyone's thoughts of this type of pooping technology? I haven't heard it mentioned much here.

jonnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Custom
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: International straight six
Rated Cap: Unknown
i like the idea but that price tag my wife and 2 daughters are very happy with my compost toilet with a 10$ price tag
Cabinbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
How hot does it get while sitting there? I ask because I often like to flush twice. Must be hard on the face when one is in sick mode too I would think.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
How hot does it get while sitting there? I ask because I often like to flush twice. Must be hard on the face when one is in sick mode too I would think.
Well, from what I'm reading you are not supposed to flush while sitting on it. However, it does say that multiple users can use it while it's in it's cycle. But you're also never supposed to flush it while sitting. The incinolet has a huge sticker saying to get up and turn around to flush. This is to avoid toasting your buns. :P
jonnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:19 AM   #5
Almost There

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Custom
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: International straight six
Rated Cap: Unknown
mmmmm toasty buns
Cabinbus is offline   Reply With Quote