Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2022, 03:28 PM   #1

Leak

I have a 1998 bluebird tc 2000 and have a huge water leak that started out small in the back and goes to the front now. I need to cutoff my water vavles so I don't go hot driving it to the mechanic. One of them I found under the bottom which slowed the leak down some but I can't find the other. Can someone please help?

Lavendarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 03:47 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
pictures of your leaks might help?
there are usually valves to stop that.
those leaks could effect your engine?
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:03 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12-valve
Rated Cap: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavendarose View Post
I have a 1998 bluebird tc 2000 and have a huge water leak that started out small in the back and goes to the front now. I need to cutoff my water vavles so I don't go hot driving it to the mechanic. One of them I found under the bottom which slowed the leak down some but I can't find the other. Can someone please help?
What engine do you have?
BamaBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:22 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
Bamabus

A 1998 tc2000 would be Cummins 5.9 - most likely mechanical injection.

All hoses for heaters run along the left wall. Should be a front heater, booster pump halfway back, then the rear heater. If you have the tc2000 owners manual, there is a diagram at the back part of the manual.

Water shut off valve is under the front right side, near the middle. Your feet will stick out from the bumper. Mine is a 90 degree ball valve.

The second valve, lift up the engine cover, the valve is just below floor level at the left rear corner of the opening.

The entire run of hoses and booster pump are covered with metal shields. Uncover all the hoses and check for leaks. The owners manual says to check/ tighten hose clamps once a year.

William
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:25 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
if its a bluebird look to the booster pump... luckily its summer and you can keep those valves closed asd the yare just for the heaters..

my bluebird has a black box under one of the seats.. inside it is the booster pump.. mine cracked and was leaking,, since I like maximum heating in winter I ordered a new one and changed it...

the other likely place is the rear heater itself or one of the clamps.. the clamps love to back out over time..

the only likelyhood of the hose itself leaking is if you were running screws up through the floor aloing the left edge of the bus from underneath during conversion.. or ran screws into the metal "duct" along the lower left edge inside.. sharp screws can over time chaff holes in the hoses.. otherwise on every bus ive seen those hoses are continuous and reliable.. I recently opened up the hose duct on my vintage 1978 Superior and noted the good year hose dated 1977 and still in perfect shape..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote