Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2020, 07:03 AM   #41
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, Allison AT1545
Rated Cap: 2
i never had an issue related to venting that i am aware of. in hind sight, i'd re do that vent line in 3/4" pex.

i lived in the bus through 2 colorado high country(8500') winters. the wires you see are heating pads to keep the tank from turning into an icecube.

freezing weather was my biggest challenge. colorado has enough sunny days that i could find warms days to dump the tank, but once ice starts forming in the tank, it gets harder to dump. the 2nd winter, i froze up completely and ended up driving to Albuquerque for a weekend just to thaw out.

Old 06-17-2020, 10:31 AM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Chassis: Collins
Engine: 6.6L LMM Duramax
I haven't "stink" tested mine yet, but I'm hoping this works... I tied both of my gray and black vent lines together inside the bus (behind a wall) with a T. It then has one line that goes up the wall and exits out the wall right below the drip rail then I have it going up to about roof level and installed one of those turning vent covers. I hope it works, just letting you know what I did. Good luck!

I had the same thought! Didn't want more holes in my roof!!!
Attached Thumbnails
20200522_172631.jpg   20200522_172428.jpg  
Frochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:38 AM   #43
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
I went out the side , just about top of a window that I took out. right from the black tank, used 1/2 pex right out the top of the black tank up the floor, along the inside wall in the bathroom, put a 90 deg elbow out the side. For the grey tank I just went right out the top of the tank with a 90 deg elbow then down pointing at the ground. also lets me know when the tank is full. put some screens on the ends to keep bugs out. 10 years no problems .
gbstewart
Old 06-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #44
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frochevy View Post
I haven't "stink" tested mine yet, but I'm hoping this works... I tied both of my gray and black vent lines together inside the bus (behind a wall) with a T. It then has one line that goes up the wall and exits out the wall right below the drip rail then I have it going up to about roof level and installed one of those turning vent covers. I hope it works, just letting you know what I did. Good luck!

I had the same thought! Didn't want more holes in my roof!!!
will work fine, you won't notice any smell
gbstewart