Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2017, 10:48 AM   #1

plumbing plan inspection

Please look for mistakes and ways to improve this plumbing plan, and thank you in advance!

the triangles are check valves
Attached Thumbnails
20170813_113133.jpg  

jcarson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

this is not a complete blueprint. however you have most components listed, but i would make it somewhat different
Old 08-16-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, Allison AT1545
Rated Cap: 2
Nice drawing skills!!

is the suction port also the system drain? mine is set up like that. i don't really see the need to bypass both the pump and the filters. i'd just put isolation valves on either side of both. without the pump its just gravity and nothing is going to come out of the faucet. on city water you'd have to close it to prevent back filling the tank. i guess you could fill the tank thru the city water but that could get messy fast.

you did the hot water good, you do want to be able to bypass the water heater. you might have a couple extra vales there too.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #4

Thanks Turf! I have a system drain at the exterior shower, but I'm going to think about the drain a the suction port now. Hmm... Two drains better than one?? I thought the bypass for the filters would be good to keep the system running while I change/clean the filters, but that's possibly unnecessary because filter swaps should take an hour tops I'm thinking. The bypass around the pump was a way to direct water sucked up at the suction port and direct it into the fresh tank if need be. Im not sure just yet how I'm going to make this system more refined/simpler, but thanks for giving me a push.

P.S. I have the same setup! 5.9 and AT 545. Thanks again Turf!
jcarson88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing