Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2021, 11:25 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: MidBus
Chassis: Chevy Express 3500
Engine: 6.0 Vortec V8 Gas
Ventless Propane Heaters ON SALE!!

Hi everyone. I hope this is ok to post here but there is an Easter sale going on for these awesome ventless, LPG, on-demand heaters. I'm putting one in my bus and my father has used them in his last three van builds. We highly recommend!!

I'm not sure how long the sale runs, probably just Easter weekend, but if any of you are ready to purchase here's the link!

https://excelonlinestore.com/product...-ventfree-lpg/

PS. In the vans we have used them at high altitudes, we have installed them under kitchen counters with some vents in the cabinet doors, we have used them heavily with no issues, and the customer service has been super responsive. So it checks everything on our list.

Anonybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:05 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 3116 catapillar
Rated Cap: 71 now 2 humans 1 cat
ventless propane heaters are the cause of moisture build up and consume the oxygen you need to breath. not recommended for campers,mobile homes or schoolies
mmoore6856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:19 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: MidBus
Chassis: Chevy Express 3500
Engine: 6.0 Vortec V8 Gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore6856 View Post
ventless propane heaters are the cause of moisture build up and consume the oxygen you need to breath. not recommended for campers,mobile homes or schoolies
You’re not wrong. We just turn on the vent fan and crack a window when showering. We use sensors and stuff too. Never had an issue with moisture but we live in a pretty arid climate. It’s a choice each person has to make individually I suppose, but for those who want to go ventless it’s a pretty great deal!
Anonybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:46 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Crown by Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: 230 HP DT 466e/MT 643!
Rated Cap: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonybus View Post
You’re not wrong. We just turn on the vent fan and crack a window when showering. We use sensors and stuff too. Never had an issue with moisture but we live in a pretty arid climate. It’s a choice each person has to make individually I suppose, but for those who want to go ventless it’s a pretty great deal!
Exactly! We have the Excel water heater too. Love it. Endless hot water! And as far as the non-venting - it's no different than using your stove...have a CO detector and crack a window open if needed...

John
johnbloem1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:07 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbloem1974 View Post
Exactly! We have the Excel water heater too. Love it. Endless hot water! And as far as the non-venting - it's no different than using your stove...have a CO detector and crack a window open if needed...

John

difference is a stove is a lot less BTU (less O2 used and less moisture created) and is typically not used near as much per hour burn time as a heater..

I dont even like my ventless heater in my Home's Garage, its propane and even in a big 2 car garage when I run that thing working on projects I will feel the effects of it even though the CO detectors are still within safe limits..

ive acquired a second-hand Navien NCBE (a combi boiler which is designed for water and space heating) to use for heating the garage.. the navien will live in my basement and Glycol Loops will be fitted on the space heating side to a couple fan coils in the garage..

I really dont dig open propane inside a small space.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:09 AM   #6
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas Bus
Chassis: Allison MD 3060
Engine: Catepillar 3126B 210hp/605 ft lb
My favorite on that web site is the ELECTRIC SHOWER HEAD!! $8Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3829.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	56003bucks!! I was a teacher in Jamaica for a few years and had a 220volt electric showerhead. A lot of older houses there were piped just cold water.

I have a ventless propane hot air heater in a bumpout in my old drafty Vt farmhouse. Love it cause of cost and longevity BUT monthly I have to clean the windows cause of buildup haze on the windows. No other windows do I clean but rarely in my house!!

In a bus I would skip a ventless heater...
matthews2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #7
Almost There

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Girardian Handicapped Commercial
Chassis: E-450
Engine: Ford 7.3L
Rated Cap: 9,000
This is all news to me about O2 and moisture. The O2 seems easy to fix but the condensation scares me. So I basically need hot water for dishes and outdoor showers. My propane will be outside. Water tank under. So what are recommended? I was thinking off the back or inside the handicapped door. I am afraid of it just hanging off the back from rain and road grime. And inside, about moisture and I don't want to vent. And cost is the biggest thing.
mc11237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:42 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
H20t solar water heater

Not to hijack this thread but...

I saw this video last night on off road solar water heaters.
Looks real easy to do and with a 30’ pipe up on the roof, along the solar panels...

Looks like a very doable option!

https://youtu.be/dG2HK9JsAjw

Free hot water, in the summertime that is....
No propane or electricity!!!!!
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:55 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
OK ,I bought one. Isn't that that what alcohol is for Huh ??? If I die make note that I quit posting. Will have major powered and static ventage so the rumors of my death may be a a little bit premature. Have used this type before with great results will see how it performs. Simple occasional shower and sink fill use. Stay tuned. Or watch 11 0 clock news "wife ...
Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote