Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2024, 05:49 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

water heater leaking

hi everyone!

l have a marey propane tankless water heater. when it was installed everything was fine. now with the water heater off, and only the water pump on, water pours out of the heater. not from the connections but from the little vents at the bottom. i had the heater installed over the winter and iím scared water may have frozen and burst a pipe. i hope this isnít the case. does anyone know whatís the problem, and fixes, or whether i just need a new heater

thanks

handtowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 06:09 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Ward - Volunteer
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466, Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 8 Window
I can't speak to the "marey propane tankless" but I've had 3 tankless and helped install more and all of mine and most of the others would be trash in the circumstance your describing. One a buddy purchased came with a freeze plug situation that might have prevented it but most HWOD units rely on an electric circuit to prevent freezing.
Miloshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 07:06 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloshk View Post
I can't speak to the "marey propane tankless" but I've had 3 tankless and helped install more and all of mine and most of the others would be trash in the circumstance your describing. One a buddy purchased came with a freeze plug situation that might have prevented it but most HWOD units rely on an electric circuit to prevent freezing.
okay so it was an issue caused by freezing? can it be repaired at all?
Old 05-26-2024, 07:55 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Ward - Volunteer
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466, Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 8 Window
I've heard of some of the old timers (read, extremely crafty individuals) doing it but it certainly isn't going to be a parts thing. Solder and weld would be my guess. Definitely a DIY. They're just not pricey enough to justify the cost to repair with losing the warranty anyways.
Miloshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 05:17 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloshk View Post
I've heard of some of the old timers (read, extremely crafty individuals) doing it but it certainly isn't going to be a parts thing. Solder and weld would be my guess. Definitely a DIY. They're just not pricey enough to justify the cost to repair with losing the warranty anyways.
okay. thanks for your help!!