Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

wet bath

Im surprised, with space being at a premium I thought more people would have wet baths. With or without composting toilet. anyone with actual experience care to comment....

~Pat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I would also like to hear from anyone with a wet bath and composting toilet. I have lived with a wet bath with flushing toilet. I have lived with a composting toilet. I have never done both and considering the combination in my current build.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
I have an old skool wet bath in my little bus. I try to avoid bathing in it because by the time I have it all cleaned up and dry after a bath I need another bath.
Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Coachwork: ICCORP
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 16
Key point in a composting toilet is liquid/solid separation. I wouldn't even want to chance introducing water to the solid repository. The humidity from a shower will also make its way in there.

The other thing is that my wife has stated that she will absolutely not tolerate a wet bath. ;)
Pizote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

when we built our house, I designed it as a forever home because I am in a wheelchair. The area of the shower in master bath was stepped down from 2x12 to 2x8 with the bottoms of the joists staying flush. This allowed me to use a standard 4x4 shower pan that was placed in the recess thereby being flush with the floor. I say all this because I'm thinking 3x6 in the bus with toilet at one end and shower at the other.
~Pat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
My camper has a wet bath. So my bus has a nice dry bath. Cozy comfortable, and no tripping over a toilet to take a shower. Plus I can dry off in the bathroom, get dressed etc in private when friends are with us in the bus. Just my 2cents
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:01 PM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: GA39530
Engine: DT466E 215hp 620tq
Rated Cap: 40
Im doing a wet bath with an airhead composting toilet. My bus is only 30.5' long so space is at a premium. Its 58"x30" for the whole bathroom.
FamilyCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:24 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: American Cargo 14'L x 7'8"W x 7'H Box
Chassis: Ford E350 Cutaway
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 11500 lbs
I am going to try a semi-wet bath in a 48" long by 32" wide space. The entire floor will be sloped towards the drain on the opposite wall of the toilet and there will be a shower curtain keeping the toilet dry when showering.
alpine44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #9
Almost There

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-750
Engine: 390 BB
Rated Cap: 2 humans, 1 cat
Not quite a wet bath, but close. Our composting toilet was built over the rear wheel hub, with a step in front of it. To get to that, you have to walk through the shower space. But when we shower, we have another shower curtain we put up between the shower and the toilet, at the back of the step. Our CT is a 4-gallon bucket and by the time the cover material ("Dry Den" horse bedding pellets, we do not have a urine diverter due to time contstraints on our build and now we have decided we don't need it due to the small size of the bucket) has absorbed and expanded we're changing it out every other day or so. As such, we've not had any problems with the extra humidity from the shower.

Unfortunately, our RV spot is on a slight slope so the water from the shower and washing machine (I have it drain into the shower) pool in a corner so I'm constantly squeegeeing it out but that's a minor issue. (Had we known, we may have put the drain in the corner instead of the center! )
WanderingLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:53 PM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: American Cargo 14'L x 7'8"W x 7'H Box
Chassis: Ford E350 Cutaway
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 11500 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingLass View Post
Not quite a wet bath, but close. Our composting toilet was built over the rear wheel hub, with a step in front of it. To get to that, you have to walk through the shower space. But when we shower, we have another shower curtain we put up between the shower and the toilet, at the back of the step. Our CT is a 4-gallon bucket and by the time the cover material ("Dry Den" horse bedding pellets, we do not have a urine diverter due to time contstraints on our build and now we have decided we don't need it due to the small size of the bucket) has absorbed and expanded we're changing it out every other day or so. As such, we've not had any problems with the extra humidity from the shower.

Unfortunately, our RV spot is on a slight slope so the water from the shower and washing machine (I have it drain into the shower) pool in a corner so I'm constantly squeegeeing it out but that's a minor issue. (Had we known, we may have put the drain in the corner instead of the center! )
That's what I have in mind except for a regular toilet and shower drains in both corners of the inclined floor.
alpine44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:17 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2008
Chassis: G3500
Engine: 6.6 Duramax
does anyone know where to buy one of those prebuilt snazzy wet baths? there are a million pics, but no one seems to sell the complete item. Seemed a lot easier to me.
JAAB is offline   Reply With Quote