Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Chassis: international
A/C unit should I keep it ?????

Hello, Everybody I just recently bought a international 1997 3400 short school bus That I names Zona " short for Arizona" She was a disability bus so she came with a handicap lift and the seat beat track that I am still struggling with. BUTT !! My problem is I am having trouble deciding what I should do with my A/C unit in the back of the bus it still works I drove the bus from Arizona to San Diego with it on. The A/C unit is very big and ugly I was thinking of putting a mini split but i wont be hooked up to power all the time so I probably won't be able to use it that often Plus I am a 21 year old girl that know absolutely nothing about car/ bus so to get someone to come down and remove the unit is going to Coast way to much for me , and I would not be able to use the mini split while driving. Should I just keep the A/C unit that the bus came with? Is there a way to make it work while I'm parked not only just when I'm driving.

I researched other skoolies and mostly everyone took the old unit out is the recommend ?? please help

Zona_The_Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:13 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
I don't know why this isn't a sticky in this sub-forum, but here ya go (compliments of CadillacKid).

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/thi...a-c-27952.html

FYI our tentative plan is to keep both ACs. The one in the rear in the stock location but with better furniture (scrapping the shell & making our own). The one in front relocated to the floor with a custom housing & duct-work to route the air back up.

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Chassis: international
Thank you so much Truly !!! I decided to Keep it
Zona_The_Bus is offline   Reply With Quote