Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2021, 07:02 PM   #81
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Thanks, i will give it a try..

The spec sheet talk about RPM so i would think rotating, it also states three phase, so who knows.

Would be fun to use it in a older broken fridge.. i have a round door GE,, but is still works so a shame to pull it apart.

Johan

joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:09 PM   #82
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
Thanks, i will give it a try..

The spec sheet talk about RPM so i would think rotating, it also states three phase, so who knows.

Would be fun to use it in a older broken fridge.. i have a round door GE,, but is still works so a shame to pull it apart.

Johan

that round door will never die!! back when things were made to last!!!

buddy of mine has an old early 50s frig in his garage for pop and beer.. the family tale is that his grandfather dented it in the early 60s.. grandma said "put it in the garage till it dies. I wont have a dented frig".. grandma and grandpa are gone.. frig has been passed down and lives on, now in his garage "till it dies" as grandma wished..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:51 PM   #83
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Yeah, the new stuff is not heavy duty for sure. I only had a kitchen scissor with me to take that lg compressor out. I was surprised that it cut thru the3/16" copper tube like butter. Wall thickness was very thin. I had mentally prepared for a little fatique struggle with the material but no, just a clean cut.

Not sure about the energy consumption of that round door. I had to fix the thermostat at some moment. This one has glasfiber insulation.

Johan
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:22 AM   #84
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
Not sure about the energy consumption of that round door.

Johan
LOL, Some things are better left not known. Those units weren't known for energy efficiency, just never dying.

I actually just repaired an amana sxs fridge last week. It was given to me by a friend of mine, who bought it used from another friend doing a kitchen remodel.

It ran nonstop and would only cool to 50 or so. Pulled the condenser cover and it was plugged solid of dust and dirt. Cleaned it all out, ran it for 24 hours again, and it would still only cool to 50. Tapped the vapor line, recovered the refrigerant and, to my surprise, it wasn't low. Checked some more stuff and found the cap tube was partially plugged near the drier. Cut off a inch of the cap tube, replaced the drier with a sporlan unit, pulled a vacuum, and then leak checked with nitrogen. The check passed, so I bled the nitrogen, pulled a vacuum for 20 minutes, added an oz of oil/uv dye, and then charged it back up.

Fridge has been running great for a week, and I've got a fridge/freezer/icemaker in the garage for 20 bucks and an hour of time

I never would have thought to attempt doing that, if it wasn't for this thread, so thanks to all of ya
Old 04-21-2021, 09:45 AM   #85
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Great job, sometimes they are easy fixes! Sometimes not.

After I spend maybe two weeks trying to get the LG fridge to work right, I soured on the whole fridge thing. I see why techs won't work on these models. And no buyer for the mini fridge at $35? what? Finally sold it, he wanted his money back, said not getting cold, two weeks later returned it gave him his $30 back. This week I checked, working great, 27F. Free rental?
BeNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #86
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Thanks!

Bummer on the LG, but things are like that sometimes. Some things just can't be repaired.

Don't tell me that. I've got the mini fridge from the garage that I'm thinking of selling. It works great, we just outgrew it. It'd be perfect for a dorm or apartment. Any less then 40 bucks and I'd probably just keep it, especially if I have to deal with a buyer being a pain in the a**.

I understand about the free rental thing. I sold an older zero turn mower once, guy had it for a month and said it would quit on him, I told him I'd fix it for him but he was adamant about getting a refund and that I was a scammer. Id10t was bragging to a friend of mine that he only needed something to hold him over until his original mower was fixed. I sent him a screen shot of the message and that I don't do free rentals. I never heard back from him.