Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Bus A/C question.

Hey all, I was hoping someone on here can help me with an issue that has been bugging me.
when i first got my bus, if i remember correctly my rear fan blower was turning off after a certain amount of time after start up but now it runs non stop while driving. can someone tell me what is normal.? Does yours stay on at all times while driving.? how do i get my fan to stop running full time while driving.? Any help on the subject matter would be awsome not sure if vehicle type matters but im refering to the van chasis. Thanks abunch...

Old 02-23-2018, 11:30 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: TE 444
Rated Cap: 12
they pretty much run full time, mine have 2 speeds and 2 cooling levels, you just change the fan speeds and cooling levels with the switches, no thermostat on my 2000 bus
Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
your rear A/C fan is running even when the A/C is turned off? or just runs all the time when you are using the A/C regardless of whether its cooling or not?

it shouldnt run if the A/C switches are turned off.. it will run all the time if the switch is on. even if the comporessor is not engaged for cooling
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
The rear fan that turns on when you turn on your ignition never stops running while the vehicle is in the on position. Even when the switch is off.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
yeah that shouldnt be.. sounds almost like the relay for it is stuck on.. normally the upper rear A/C unit has its own fan switch on the dash and will only come on when that switch is on. not all the time the bus is on.. same with the rear heater..

carrier and Trans/AIR both used a relay panel.. any best guess as to where they put the relays.. on my bus its actually right behind that indoor unit on the back wall.. the relay panel for the outside unit is actually underneath the bus..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote