Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: 2002 ISC / MD3060
Rated Cap: 40 ft, 36,200 GVW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter62 View Post
That white box behind the engine maybe the fuse box. Thatís what mine looks like. I do not have the AC you have. Although I do have a giant AC compressor that runs off the engine at first I thought it was the air compressor.
Yes, that is the fuse box, there are no AC connections that go into that box. They all seem to go to the agglomeration of breakers and relays on the right side of the fuse box next to the driver.

Old 06-10-2021, 05:03 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
Most if not all Phoenix area buses that get decommissioned are typically due to non functioning A/C. Mine had a screw from one of the steel side interior transition panels through one of the hoses. Been like that from day one I imagine. They must have charged that sucker every year. Both compressors were shot on mine and one system was completely devoid of refrigerant while the other with the screw in the hose still had very little. The repairs done to my bus were more of a third world duct tape or zip tie repair. All wiring and hoses under the bus were just dangling. No one made the attempt to clip the harnesses or any hoses back to their respective mounts with adel or bolt on zip ties. What a mess. The airbrake dryer has electric tape around two of the compression unions. Good grief! Fun but I can handle it. Clapped out bus is exactly what this thing is. (Benimble, I'm looking at you!) Thats ok. I will fix it. I do not have many friends so when I get discretionary time, The bus has me. You will figure it out. Do not rule out a puncture somewhere. Follow all the lines even if you need to remove a interior panel to check.

Found my Bus at AAAbus in Phx!
Bus'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:48 PM   #23
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: 2002 ISC / MD3060
Rated Cap: 40 ft, 36,200 GVW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus'n it View Post
Most if not all Phoenix area buses that get decommissioned are typically due to non functioning A/C.
I have the maintenance logs for this bus. The last thing that needed to be repaired that wasn't, was seats and a dead battery.

The AC was topped up with 1 lb of freon and a new belt in August 2019 and it was only driven about 1000 miles after that, and was parked in November 2019 after it had the brake valve replaced. As far as I can tell, it was never driven after that repair, the engine compartment light was left on and the brand new batteries installed in July 2019 were drained stone dead. The light was still on and the batteries still shiny when I showed up in May 2021. I put in new batteries, it fired right up and I drove it 1000 miles home with no issues.

Prior to that, it was given a full charge in April 2019 and passed a leak test, and previous to that, a full charge with a new expansion valve in August 2018, for which there are several entries as they didn't seem to immediately figure out that there was an expansion valve bad.

It was given 4 lbs in November 2017.
4 lbs in March of 2017.
12 lbs September 2016.
2 lbs in February 2016.

Seems like it does leak a little, but most of the problems they had were with the expansion valve in the middle unit. Seems like they didn't catch that for two years or more.