Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2018, 10:11 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
Carrier Transicold Clutch HELP

The previous owner of my bus so helpfully decided to remove the armature from the AC compressor clutch because it was loose and making noise and then threw it away.

Attached are some photos of the clutch and compressor serial #. Just replacing the disk that is missing from the armature might work althought the repair manual says the rotor which is the entire pulley and the armature should be replaced as a set.

I haven't found any clutches for sale on the internet that look like mine yet. The clutch is a warner. The compressor is a 05k but I believe this clutch was also used on the o5g. The outside diameter of the pully where the belt goes to the crankshaft is about 9.46 inches and the diameter of the pully that goes to the alternator is 10.35. It has a 24v coil which I think is good. I believe the carrier part # for the complete assembly is 50-01122-21 the # for just the rotor/armature is 50-01122-99

I would be happy to buy a used clutch assembly from someone who doesn't need it. If anyone has an idea of a salvage yard or retailer that has reasonable prices on new clutches that would be great.

Thanks

Ted
Attached Thumbnails
20180902_104345.jpg   20180902_104331.jpg   20180902_104338.jpg   20180902_085858.jpg   20180902_085638.jpg  

20180730_091202.jpg  

TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #2
Almost There

I have nothing helpful, but that sucks. Good troubleshooting and best of luck finding a replacement.

https://www.thunderstruck-studios.com/
ThunderstruckStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:17 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
many of those coach compressors are similar and use the same clutches.. carrier is out of business but that style and type comporessor is still out there.. I would Look to cross reference the part number. also before you get too deep, make sure that the compressor isnt the issue.. while the clkutches can and do go bad.. more often a compressor issue causes the clutch to fry.. that center shaft should turn (resistance is normal as its moving crank and pistons like an engine).. however if that center shaft is completely locked then the compressor is defunct.

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:01 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
many of those coach compressors are similar and use the same clutches.. carrier is out of business but that style and type comporessor is still out there.. I would Look to cross reference the part number. also before you get too deep, make sure that the compressor isnt the issue.. while the clkutches can and do go bad.. more often a compressor issue causes the clutch to fry.. that center shaft should turn (resistance is normal as its moving crank and pistons like an engine).. however if that center shaft is completely locked then the compressor is defunct.

-Christopher
I think the compressor is good. The center shaft turns freely and it may even be still charged with refrigerant. There is power to the clutch coil when the AC is switched on which indicates the low system pressure switch hasn't disconnected power. My problem is part of the armature is missing. I found one on a used compressor on ebay that may work. It has a different pulley but maybe the right armature part. I'm still waiting on a response from the seller on size and wether they will sell it separtely from the compressor.

Ted
Old 11-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #5
Bus Nut

I found one!

Many nights of searching the interweb has paid off. A complete brand new clutch assembly including bearing and coil popped up on EBAY so I snagged it. My local refridgeration guy couldn't find any parts that would cross reference and nearby wrecking yards didn't come up with anything.

Ted
Attached Thumbnails
s-l400.jpg