Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 PM   #21

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Internation/Navistar
Engine: T444
Rated Cap: 24
Haven't had problems with condensation as of yet. Initially I hung them with powerful magnets (that's what is shown in the photo), but they were much too heavy so I ran small pvc pipe through the top and wired them up to the screws along the tops of the windows. I added magnets at the bottom so that they can be lifted and suspended open by sticking to the ceiling. They are much too thick to try and scrunch open from side to side. We honestly rarely open more than a few for some light.

TravelingTuttles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:56 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
I'm hoping to heat a 38ft but with just the Salamander Hobbit (I might be crazy). I'll have a well-insulated floor, walls, and ceiling (closed cell spray insulation), but I'm keeping almost all of the bus windows. Planning on curtains, or possibly something like the "Hank Bought a Bus" solution - drop-down translucent insulation panels built into the lower walls, which can be raised into place with the aid of magnets.

We're in the Pacific Northwest, just outside of Portland, so typically not dealing with temperatures below 25F, and most of the winter, it's more like 35-40.

If need be, I was thinking of adding a propane catalytic heater? Should be reasonable easy to install (I was thinking of adding it in the center of the bus, and mounting it so I could swing it to face forward or back, so I could heat the back or front of the bus... or maybe better just to purchase two smaller ones).

I'll let you know how it works out with the wood stove next year—at which point you probably won't care about this thread anymore
Hello were you able to find the translucent drop-down insulation from Hank Bought a Bus? All I can find is the manufature.
AraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #23

Year: n/a
Coachwork: n/a
Chassis: n/a
Engine: n/a
Rated Cap: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
There is one stove that is smaller. It is made by BIC.
Haha!

This post made my day.
Big BackYard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:36 PM   #24
Skoolie

Chassis: GMC 3500 Thomas
Engine: 6.0 L GAS
The navigator series have a long waiting list and cost a chunk / those cubs and grizzlies look similar and cost a fair bit less......but I'm hoping to find a local small one up here in Canada where there's tons of antiques on Kijiji and fishhut sized ones too. ( have a GMC / Thomas handicap so I'm thinking heat loss through the doors might be a bit quick too )

I'm confident I can find a good one for about $200
skidfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heating, wood stove