Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2023, 06:43 AM   #61
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
on my coolant heater its the Fan which makes the most noise.. Mounting the heater on isolators has helped but its still real noisy inside and out (its a 16kw unit).. if I were to try and camp in a generators-not-allowed campground I would be booted ... I woulsd have to install a secoinf quieter heater

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 10:02 AM   #62
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71TA, 10 sp.
Rated Cap: 90 (40')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucker View Post
edit: I just noticed this is my thousandth post! do I get a prize? :-')

Well done sir!
Tejon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:08 AM   #63
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TS FE 2509
Engine: Cummins 5.9l ISB CM550
Rated Cap: 34
wood stove

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews2001 View Post
NOISE LEVEL?

thats my question regarding interior or under bus install for a CDH!

I like quiet mornings looking out all my front windows (but its cold up there). CANNOT STAND my RV propane furnace (that I installed ) because of its noise level!
this is one reason I think I will do a wood stove along with the fact that if I don't have electricity for some reason I still will have heat
Hutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 06:54 PM   #64
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE 40 FEET
Engine: Cummins 8.3
The problem with the wood stove is the insurance. They will not insure you if you have a solid fuel stove. I think that the best answer is a diesel cabin heater like a Dickenson newport heater. Very quiet, uses diesel and has a vent to the outside. It's just on the pricey side. There are also others that are less expensive. It doesn't require electricity and they are available in a large range of btu sizes.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:48 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess View Post
I e been using my wood stove which seemed great until I was fulltime and stationary on my homestead. Last winter the back bedroom area got cold while my kids upper bunks were too hot. My middle section over the wheel Wells are the bunks. If I were to install a stationary diesel heater (I'm still learning about what they are) would having it on the ground in the back heat the bedroom and the rest of the bus enough to not have to wake up and fill the wood stove in the middle of the night? My freshwater tank is inside in the front directly across from the wood stove, so it keeps the tank and plumbing to the kitchen sink suitably warm tonot freeze. I'm also considering just getting a couple of portable buddy heaters, since I seem to understand that better and have used one before.
I have 2/20,000 but Webasto air heaters that I'm interested in selling. Drop me an email at denniskerninc@gmail.com for details
Busdweller56 is offline   Reply With Quote