Originally Posted by Stoveman
This is amazing! Did you simply drill a hole and use pvc glue to keep it from leaking around the threads of the fitting that goes into the drain pan?
Mine had barb outputs that were capped, not threads. A short piece of flex tube goes from the uncapped barb to a barb fitting in the the PVC drain pipe. I wouldn't use PVC glue anywhere, I used teflon tape. This isn't pressurized after all, its drainage.
It looks a little different nowadays, come to think of it. It would sometimes fill up and overflow. Later on I changed how the water drained:
Running the drop at a 45 degree angle, adding this air inlet (doesn't go anywhere, just tucked away) to prevent any vacuum action, and instead of converting to flex tube right after the drop I ran PVC all the way down the door.
I redid the to-flex conversion there between the door and the bottom of the windshield so I didn't have to make any larger exit holes.