Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2021, 10:22 PM   #1

Year: 1992
Engine: 5.9L Diesel Cummins inline-6
1992 Mid-size TC2000 5.9L Cummins inline-6

Hello! Long time peruse-er, first time poster. My wife, 1yr old daughter Ocean, and I just recently purchased our Skoolie. It is certainly in need of some simple TLC; however, it is in great condition overall, in my opinion. It had the seats removed prior or to my purchasing and taken down to the sub floor. Oh, did I mention it has not only a back door (since it’s the FE style, with the engine in the front) and a side door?! Prior to us purchasing this 26’ long beast, it was used as a crawfish 🦞 truck-on-wheels! Yes, that’s correct, folks ...a crawfish truck. Living in Galveston, TX certainly has its perks, per se. Anyways, we look forward to delving deeper and getting to know each of you over the next following years.

P.S. were in need of a manual (with wiring diagrams) for the 92’ 26 foot TC2000

P.S.S. anyone know of quad-scale (4 corner) weigh stations near Galveston/Houston???
Attached Thumbnails
F66ACEC4-D3EB-4BD9-BB59-74AE171FCF9E.jpg   CD9D7F8B-A18F-4830-B533-861C5BB04134.jpg  

HillmanKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:37 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT408 6.7L L6
Rated Cap: 14
Very cool, I'm up in Kemah. Nice bus. But with the 12v 5.9 in a non-school bus, you won't have much wiring to deal with anyways! Especially if you don't have an AC.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:43 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1952
Chassis: International
Engine: 450 Red Diamond
Super Cool. My wife and I are moving to Houston from Williston ND. this fall!!
Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
52Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:52 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Nice find!

curious George asks:
what is the screen-looking thing behind the battery box, just in front of the rear tire?
and:
is that a back deck?
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:10 AM   #5

honestly, not quite sure, yet... first things first are mechanical, then we will begin demo and finding out what is what. perhaps a spot for the wiring cabinet (since the switch panel is on the other side)? giving outside access would have given access to all the wires. yet, im unsure why add the bevel to it? maybe a last minute decision or they had planned to put a door there. upgrade feature?

if anyone has any clue, let me know! I have seen it on a few buses similar to mine. we would love to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Gnome View Post
Nice find!

curious George asks:
what is the screen-looking thing behind the battery box, just in front of the rear tire?
and:
is that a back deck?
Old 03-02-2021, 11:13 AM   #6

I just to happened to have seen a white bluebird (early 90s model) in League City the other day at the Home Depot. I waited for someone to come out to ask them questions, but after 30 minutes I grew bored and was planning on starting work on the bus. Little did I know, I hadn't brought any of my drills or impacts (which also have the bits). I just had this handy dandy propane torch. Thus, I postponed work for another day.

I have found where they hold many manuals and such for these busses; however, they do not have the 92! :'( Perhaps someone had downloaded and has an extra copy?

https://www.centralstatesbus.com/manuals/
https://www.centralstatesbus.com/manuals/

Tags
1992, texas