Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2022, 12:43 PM   #1

1995 Carpenter School Bus

I am trying to create a lovable / livable bus zone. It’s running and seats emptied out but my control switch panel is my question. Does anyone know which way to toggle the switches? All right? All left?? or in the middle if that’s an option?! Something electrical keeps draining the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
3D92765D-5D83-4821-8C2B-251217141608.jpg  

Jesslea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:54 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Corbeil
Chassis: GMC Savana 3500 Dually
Engine: 6.0 Gas V8 > GMC/Chevy
Rated Cap: 14 - 12,500 GVWR
Only a guess here, but I would say Left is Off. However, those switches look really, really corroded, to the point where when turned Off, they might still be On, like the switch might not be completely breaking the connection to the component.

Good luck!
Slapdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:03 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
these switches were made in various configurations.. carpenter used Cole-Hersey switches.. some of them are made to be as mentioned, Left Off and right on.. some are Left off, middle is low fan, right is high fan.. and yet others are middle Off, and left is Low, right is High. there are also momentary switches that are only on when you hold them to the right.. they shut off when springing back.. That said,, these switches fit in round holes which means theyt can be installed in whatever direction someone wants.. I can see a couple of the heater switches on the left side are installed with Off being to the Right and On being to the Left.. they are marked..

there are many reasons for electrical drain.. how fast is the battery drain? an hour? a week?
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:08 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: ford E350
Engine: 6.0 power stroke Diesel Navistar EFI
Rated Cap: wife & 2 corgis
looking for a gremlin can be very complicated. i would start with a testlight & small motorcycle battery to test all the switches/functions. maybe even replace them all for good measure? you may have to disconnect things one by one and look for parasitic drain with a voltmeter. it takes patience. be careful if you hire somebody to fix your wiring. they may make things worse? do some homework & peck at it slowly. GL
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D2DF&FORM=VIRE