Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2018, 10:40 PM   #1

Year: 1999
Chassis: E350
Engine: 7.3 turbo diesel
1999 Ford E350 7.3 Turbo

I am negotiating on a short bus. It has no bathroom or plumbing for that matter. Has a olive military flat paint job. The inside has a two bench dinette. Long counter and queen size bed in back. Also a 5 k ac unit mounted high on back.
I am getting excited about the motor..7.3 turbo with 224k miles. Runs great, 6 new tires. Gas tank removed cleaned thoroughly all filters replaced.
Asking 6,995.oo firm
Yes or No ?
Thanks
Oops no photo..sorry. just me

HoggerTheNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
worth to you

so it is already painted, maybe has an rv title already, six new tires. I would bet you cant buy 7.3 pickup for less than $3000 that runs well. work from there, but no matter what, if you are feelin good bout the price, do it. If not bring the money with you that you think it ought to sell for and offer it in cash.... they might just go for it. If you do well about this and have a budget then you have to stick within the budget.

The big deal here is how you feel about. The rest of us can take long walk off a short pier.

william
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Ford E-350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
We just bought one of these earlier this year. The turbo is really nice as you can get up and go pretty good on hills and stuff. We payed 2,500. That being said we immediately sunk around 4,000 for replacing o-rings around fuel injectors and rebuild of the trans. With that amount of miles the engine may be coming up on some major repairs. With that being said we are super happy with the size of the bus (fits in a normal parking spot) and performs really well on the road.
bagodonuts6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:40 AM   #4

Year: 1999
Chassis: E350
Engine: 7.3 turbo diesel
How many miles did yours have when you had those repairs. Jamie of utube fame told me the 7.3 turbo was absolutely one of the best engines. So I went for it. I am ready to go, the bus is complete and ready. I had no place to work on it anyway. Just a matter of selling the rest of my belongings and I am gone..
Thanks
HoggerTheNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Ford E-350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
I can't remember off the top of my head but we might have had quite a bit more on ours. We bought it in AZ and drove it to MA with stops along the way. We were probably closer to 400K when we bought it. As far as the 7.3 is concerned our buddy is a diesel mechanic in NM and told us its a million mile engine if taken care of. I'm pretty sure there is a post on here under the ford section that will tell you all about the 7.3 http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f34/th...sel-10607.html
bagodonuts6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #6

You don’t happen to have the electrical schematics of the 99 e-350 short bus do you? I’m in the process of doing electrical and it’s a mess!
Thanks
Gjwaninger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: IH 3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 66
Common issues at that mileage are injectors, glow plugs, fuel bowl seals, valve cover harnesses, transmission issues...

Find out whats been done mechanically before paying a premium.

Having injectors and such done at a shop will run 1500-2k. If it starts really smooth/easy when cold and has good power when cold.. no misfiring or heavy smoke cold.. I'd say the injectors are in good shape. Make sure the coolant is full/clean and has been maintained.

Any service records?
Mr4btTahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #8

Mines in great running shape and converted to waste veggie oil. Just redoing the electrical and looking for a schematic
Gjwaninger is offline   Reply With Quote