Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2021, 07:09 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

2001 bluebird 2000TC front engine

Hello everyone! New here and excited! We just started the demolition process and already have so many questions. If anyone else has a front engine that could point us in the right direction of where our shut off valves for our coolant is that would be wonderful. Thanks!

Serenityfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:18 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
On mine (with a Cummins) one is at the back of the engine head, and the other is at the tranny-cooler. The cooler is just behind the radiator under the front of the bus on the entrance side of the motor. Follow the big hose from the bottom of the radiator to the black box. The heater hose and its shut-off feeds into the back of this cooler box.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:22 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you! I’ll try my best to get that done today. Are there any valves that you know of that I might mistake them with that could harm other parts of the bus if I turn them?
Old 05-25-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Not that I know of. I also say don't run the motor with the valves closed, the coolant needs to circulate through the motor block and head while it warms up, or you get boiling hot spots before the rest warms up which can warp and crack stuff. But I have not been able to verify this with Cummins yet. Should be like this for any motor, though. That is why they put in "radiator bypass hoses" in vehicles.

I'm planning on installing a "T" valve and said "radiator bypass hose" so I can close off my heaters in the summer. They dump heat into the bus interior even with the fans off.

I will install the "T" valve where the lower shutoff valve is, or just before it if the "T" won't shut off also. Then a "T" hose connection from just past the shut-off valve at the back of the head with the bypass hose running down to the "T" valve.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:01 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

We found the valves thank you! Heaters are out. Super relieved