Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2022, 01:49 PM   #1

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: E-450
Talking 21' 2003 Ford E-450

Howdy all,
I recently purchased a 21' Ford E-450 shorty to convert. Well, recently is a bit of a lie, I bought it over 5 months ago, but between my mechanic having it for about a month (during which time the title was withheld incase I didn't accept it), the 1-1/2 month struggle with getting it registered with the DMV (back and forth between what the DMV required, and missing signatures, missing documents, unhelpful employees of the consignment company...), the holidays, the flu, and bad weather, I have finally started the process.

The good news, after a month at my mechanic's, the vehicle was in great shape, only needing a new front suspension, which was expensive, but feeling the difference in how it rides, worth it.

This week, I got the seats out with the help of a friend, me underneath with an impact wrench, him up top with a box wrench. Well, my friend was able to help with the bolts, I actually took the seats out myself, those things are not light. Anyone want 12 bus seats? 2 have small child restraints/car seat holders. I think I'll start another thread asking what others did to dispose of the seats.

Next on the Agenda, pressure washing the thing inside/outside, underneath/on top. Almost 20 years of dirt, dust, grime, and the junk kids leave behind is pretty gross.

About me, I've been thinking about this for a few years now, probably was never going to actually do it, but between seeing the bus dirt cheap on e-bay, and my roommate telling me he's going to be moving out of state sometime in the next year, and then actually winning the bus for a fair amount less than my max bid, it all kinda kicked me in the butt to get moving on my dream. I'm semi retired, and on my own, so why not give the nomad life a shot.

Well, that's my overly verbose introduction,
Dave

edit: a little more about me, I'm in SoCal, been here all my life. I love SCUBA diving, bike riding, hiking, camping, reading, gaming, fishing, and travel. Hopefully I can do all those things on my travels

kkavika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#busconversion, #newb, #shortie, #skoolie