Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #1

97 mini bird p3500

Hey everyone! My wife and I got turned on to the idea a month or so ago of building a skoolie. I wanted a small one to venture round the pnw and get our feet wet with the conversion. Bought this ol girl from an auction down in bend for an excellent price. I havent been able to find very much info on it online. Used to being able to easily find manuals for anything but all I've found is the GMC chassis and engine manual for the p3500 5.7l v8 engine. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. Cant figure out what a few switches on the dash do or how to operate the wheelchair lift. All in all super stoked. She handled the mountain passes like a champ! Getting started on her this weekend with just tearing all the seats and probably walls out, oil change etc.
Attached Thumbnails
20190814_185518.jpg  

2tallforskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Better the gas engine than the diesel.

The wheelchair lift has "safeties" built in.
There are a few different things that the manufacturers build in to prevent it from opening when going down the road.

Its hard to get a mental picture on this but I bypassed the safeties in mine by jumping the solenoid hot on the lift to the main power all inside the lift power/junction box, bypassing the "key on only" lift power wire coming from the front console.
The lift will work now if the door is closed and while in motion but I know that and will not try anything stoopid while in motion.

Good luck on your new project...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote