Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird Micro Bird
Engine: GMC 3500
Ah!! I just bought a school bus!

Hey guys!

About 3 weeks ago, I spontaneously jumped on a plane and drove back with a mini school bus. (2000 GMC 3500 Blue Bird conversion) I put a lot of faith in the universe that this would be the right bus. I had only seen a few pictures on craigslist, but the deal was good and I couldn't pass up the low mileage (95,000). On my way home, I ran into a bunch of issues with the battery. I thought the battery was just dead & replaced it. After four calls to AAA & being stranded, I discovered there was an electrical issue draining the battery. I filmed this whole journey which is out on my YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/c/GraceAshlynnArts for those who are interested!) long story short, I've realized this is going to be A LOT more work than I've prepared for.

I'm 19 and doing this on my own with help from some family & friends. I also work almost full time and will be starting college online once I'm settled in the bus. I've already started going through all the crazy emotions, thinking "what the hell have I done" but I know it'll absolutely be worth it in the end. I've never done anything like this before, so it'll be a massive learning experience.

I decided to convert a bus because I'm a videographer. The work that brings me the most joy involves a ton of travel, all the time. It doesn't make sense for me to pay rent when I'm only there one week out of the month. But, I know I don't have to justify my reasons to you. You guys get it

I'm excited, scared, worried, nervous, yet so happy to start this journey.

graceashlynn.arts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Welcome to the site! Don't let the bus overwhelm you. Every time you finish another step in the conversion it gets better and better! I subscribed to your channel and will be following your build.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue bird, gmc, gmc blue bird mini, short bus, youtube