Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2020, 08:33 PM   #1

Year: 2006
Coachwork: International
Chassis: BE200
Engine: VT365-175hp,8cyl,6.0L Deisel
Rated Cap: 27
Almost ready to roll!

Hello!! Jim and Sarah here. Just thought we'd introduce ourselves and our small medium at large. We bought our 19' 2006 BE200 from Auctions International last May (2019) and have been working on it ever since. Construction was slowish at first, until the pandemic gifted us with the time to go full psycho haha! I should preface this by saying that we live in upstate New York so need this sucker to be fully insulated. Over the summer we did all demo, including removing all painfully riveted interior metal, painted the exterior, and layed the subfloor. Also planned our layout and watched fifty thousand million skoolie youtube videos hahaha!
Then winter hit. We plucked away. Decided not to renew our apartment lease in June and prepare to move into the bus. This had been our goal from the start but was never fully decided. We then had only 3 months to finish the build. We said yes, lets do it! Immediately after deciding this we were both temporarily laid off from work (both in construction) due to Covid19. Time to get our bus butts in gear. In the last month and a half my amazing husband has done the framing, walls, plumbing (too much to list here,) and just yesterday finished the electrical woot woot!!!! We have electric, yes folks its amazing.
There is MUCH to do in the next couple months but we are getting more confident every day, with a healthy dose of flying by the seat of our pants. I'm attaching a couple pics, hopefully they come through. We love the Skoolie community. We've watched waaay too many of your videos haha!! And can't wait to hopefully meet some of you at a future Skooliepalooza. Stay safe everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
20200331_190530.jpg   20200216_141606.jpg   20200416_143149.jpg  

SmallMedium@Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:26 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Nice-looking build and welcome to skoolie.net. A couple of tips: if you click on User CP in the upper left you can fill out your profile details and then everybody will know where you're at and what make/model of bus you have whenever you comment. Also, if you convert your pics to PNG format, they won't end up rotated funny.

Your paint job especially looks fantastic. I'm planning to do something similar with my grill, with the grill part proper painted a different color.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:31 PM   #3

Rusty87 thanks for your reply! I will definitely take your advice as I did not know that about the pics! Do you know, can you post videos? I tried to post one but it wasn't going through.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:37 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallMedium@Large View Post
Rusty87 thanks for your reply! I will definitely take your advice as I did not know that about the pics! Do you know, can you post videos? I tried to post one but it wasn't going through.
Once you have made 5 posts on this site, you can post pictures and videos. It's just to keep bots from spamming. So just comment here a few more times and you'll be good to go.

BTW my bus is named "Rusty 87", not me. I'm musigenesis, or "Music Genius" as I'm often called by the dyslexic among us.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #5

Haha fair enough! I figured with all the times I've perused this site it would be fun to finally join in. So do you have a particular instrument that you are proficient in or a general musical genius? Got a couple of music lovers/players here too. In fact trying to figure out how I'm going to cram my instruments onto the bus yikes!!!
Old 04-18-2020, 12:28 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallMedium@Large View Post
Hello!! Jim and Sarah here. Just thought we'd introduce ourselves and our small medium at large.
Welcome! Nice sized bus, and it's easy to see y'all have some construction skills......keep up the good work.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:06 AM   #7

Don - Thanks so much, we really appreciate that!! I won't lie we do occasionally envy the extra space of the larger busses, but we decided from the start that the mid size would suit our needs.