Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #1

Year: 1986
Smile Amid a quest for a home :)

Greetings to all my new friends
I found and fell in love with a purple, manual, diesel, 86 international from Colorado, so I flew my 15 month old son and myself out in order to drive her back to good ol' South Carolina. One week adventure, and we made it (thanks to a good friend who I managed to convince to go with us, mad props to his survival skills and incredible baby handling skills!). I digress..
Between work, work, and work... And baby... I can't work on her every waking moment BUT! So far I have managed to pull all the seats and sweep away all the dirt and crusty, sticky, whatever the heck that was, what the ef is this... Needless to say I found all sorts of .. Stuff. She was in the schools for a while then bought by a rafting outpost before being sold to me, so she has lots of fabulous stories to tell ;) she has been dubbed the name Purple Sage because, well, she's purple.. And after we left Colorado, my friend asked what I was going to name her, and as I thought and looked out the window... The name Purple Sage LITERALLY flashed before my eyes- we passed some business of some kind, a random building in what seemed like the middle of the desert..

My next step is tearing out the rubber floors. She's been a Colorado bus all her live and there is no signs of rust on the bottom, some minor signs on the inside I found after pulling seats, really not much worthy to even mention.. So I am hoping the metal underneath is A okay. No plywood, YAY! Do you tear out the rubber around the floor of the driver seat? No one specifically mentions insulating and flooring in there... What has everyone done? I can't wait to accomplish more with her, looking for a place to call our own and it's taking all my skills to the next level. Very exciting!! I love progress
But really, someone please answer my driver's seat question, it will bug the heck out of me if I never get an answer..
Thank you all in advance for all the help you have and will provide for me! can I just say I love these little face blobs?!

PurpleSageMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleSageMama View Post
Greetings to all my new friends
I found and fell in love with a purple, manual, diesel, 86 international from Colorado, so I flew my 15 month old son and myself out in order to drive her back to good ol' South Carolina. One week adventure, and we made it (thanks to a good friend who I managed to convince to go with us, mad props to his survival skills and incredible baby handling skills!). I digress..
Between work, work, and work... And baby... I can't work on her every waking moment BUT! So far I have managed to pull all the seats and sweep away all the dirt and crusty, sticky, whatever the heck that was, what the ef is this... Needless to say I found all sorts of .. Stuff. She was in the schools for a while then bought by a rafting outpost before being sold to me, so she has lots of fabulous stories to tell ;) she has been dubbed the name Purple Sage because, well, she's purple.. And after we left Colorado, my friend asked what I was going to name her, and as I thought and looked out the window... The name Purple Sage LITERALLY flashed before my eyes- we passed some business of some kind, a random building in what seemed like the middle of the desert..

My next step is tearing out the rubber floors. She's been a Colorado bus all her live and there is no signs of rust on the bottom, some minor signs on the inside I found after pulling seats, really not much worthy to even mention.. So I am hoping the metal underneath is A okay. No plywood, YAY! Do you tear out the rubber around the floor of the driver seat? No one specifically mentions insulating and flooring in there... What has everyone done? I can't wait to accomplish more with her, looking for a place to call our own and it's taking all my skills to the next level. Very exciting!! I love progress
But really, someone please answer my driver's seat question, it will bug the heck out of me if I never get an answer..
Thank you all in advance for all the help you have and will provide for me! can I just say I love these little face blobs?!
Hello! Glad to have you here!

On behalf of the entire skoolie community, I'd like to welcome the New Riders of the Purple Sage into our midst!

(Sorry; I couldn't help myself on that one.)
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:21 AM   #3

Year: 1986
Love it. And very appropriate ;) and thank you!