Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2023, 09:24 PM   #1

Another New Member Post

Here to add my message to the board! My name is Rachael, I am a mom of two and our family is looking to transition out of our house to a bus/tiny home-bus combo. Because my partner has a business we still need a DR for the legal address so looking into the logistics of that. Moving to a bus solves a lot of our issues and dreams for out family.
Excited to become part of the community and hope to learn a lot!

If you are reading this: Any first timer tips would be super appreciated! Thank you

rval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:44 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
Welcome to the fray
You should probably do a little reading about different buses [sic] and their respective drive trains. Decide what length works for you and then search out the right combo for your 'adventure'. There are a lot of sources of auctions and such and the people here will help you decide. Once you get a bus....then the fun begins
Rwnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 11:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwnielsen View Post
Welcome to the fray
You should probably do a little reading about different buses [sic] and their respective drive trains. Decide what length works for you and then search out the right combo for your 'adventure'. There are a lot of sources of auctions and such and the people here will help you decide. Once you get a bus....then the fun begins
Thank you! We're interested in a 32-35 footer so that its not too different for me to drive. I hope we're lucky enough to stumble upon a partial build. Regardless electrical is gonna e handled by a pro who is not me haha. Grateful to have people here who will help!
Old 03-22-2023, 12:18 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2006
Chassis: IC CE300 (PB105)
Engine: DT466e @245hp | Allison 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rval View Post
Because my partner has a business we still need a DR for the legal address so looking into the logistics of that.
I also have a couple of businesses. For one I used a "virtual office" space. There are companies like Regus that do it but I formed a relationship with a local attorney for significantly less money per month.

Basically I sublease one square foot of his office and can use his building as our legal address. His receptionist will greet any random customers that wander in and give them my phone number. They collect my mail and I either stop in during their regular business hours to collect it, or for a small fee they'll bundle it up and forward the mail to me. Our agreement also allows me to "rent" one of their conference rooms from time to time if I wanted to, for example, if a particular government agency were to audit my records and insist on coming to visit me at my place of business....
https://youtube.com/@thetslabus
Dbacks2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 03:38 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
Hats off to you Dbacks for coming up with a clever "out of the box" solution for your business address.
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 03:47 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 2006
Chassis: IC CE300 (PB105)
Engine: DT466e @245hp | Allison 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnYardCamp View Post
Hats off to you Dbacks for coming up with a clever "out of the box" solution for your business address.
ha ha thanks. I wouldn't say I came up with it... I was searching Craigslist for the cheapest office space I could find and found a Regus ad. I liked the idea instantly, but not their prices.

It took another several months before I had a meeting with that attorney on other business and I told him what I was looking to do and asked if he knew any businesses that might be interested in that type of arrangement with me. I was kinda shocked when he offered his place, I really didn't think he'd want his law office so publicly associated with our party buses....
https://youtube.com/@thetslabus
Dbacks2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 05:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbacks2k4 View Post
ha ha thanks. I wouldn't say I came up with it... I was searching Craigslist for the cheapest office space I could find and found a Regus ad. I liked the idea instantly, but not their prices.

It took another several months before I had a meeting with that attorney on other business and I told him what I was looking to do and asked if he knew any businesses that might be interested in that type of arrangement with me. I was kinda shocked when he offered his place, I really didn't think he'd want his law office so publicly associated with our party buses....
Thank you very much for that suggestion! Worst case we may use my parents address since they already still get some of my mail and don't mind. Since its an online business I am hoping no one is expecting to come sit down anywhere LOL

Tags
advice welcomed, new arrival