Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #1
Scared to Post

Year: 1996
Engine: Chevy 350
Arkansas Newb buys a Skoolie

Hello, good people of the Skoolie forum! This is my first post here. I've officially purchased a 96 Chevy Short Bus (G30) 115,000 miles. I'm focusing in the area of my strength first by doing as much as I can to help the engine produce more power while running more efficiently (i.e increase the gas mileage). So here is the list so far of what I've done or am in the process of doing.

1. Full Tune Up: New plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor bug, 235 Amp alternator, Electric Fans, Removing the rear heater and hoses, new oil, tranny fluid and filter, new fuel filter, adding headers and true dual exhaust with H pipe, new air filter, Throttle body kit and spacer. This should add a considerable amount of horsepower while increasing the gas mileage at the same time. (These drivetrains are my father's bread and butter, GM guy to the core.)
Am I missing anything?

This is only my 2nd week as a bus owner so I'm just getting started. I am looking for advice on solar setups, insulation, and water tanks.

I made a little video showing the bus: https://vimeo.com/217438739