Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2018, 11:58 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Smile Aspiring Shortie

Hey guys, it's Josie. I'm new here, just making my first post (hello) to introduce myself and my plans. I'm 24 years old and I live in Michigan with my two dogs, one cat and two rabbits. I currently run a business called Love Bites Treatery, I make organic treats and donate half to shelters. I swear I'm not plugging, it has to do with my skoolie. So last summer, I had the opportunity to open my own "brick and mortar" shop for the first time. It was amazing, and I loved it. It also taught me many things, and inspired in me the idea to have my own mobile pop-up shop. In looking for ways to bring that to life, I discovered the skoolie movement.
Now, I'm no stranger to tiny houses. In fact, I designed my own dream tiny house in sketchup over two years ago - that was based on a 28ft trailer. Two years later, I can say I'm ready to begin moving myself, my two dogs and my cat FULL-TIME into a short bus! (The rabbits are actually for an organic rabbitry, which I am considering continuing in a windowed trailer behind my skoolie - if anyone has brought rabbits on the road with them, PLEASE share experience - even though my rabbits are for meat, I love them and want them to have the best life possible and if that means I don't bring them on the road then so be it.)
The following are my sketchup plans for the shortie. I'm looking at 1990-1999 7.3L Diesel buses right now, 5 row/30 pax. If you see a good deal, let me know!
Please give feedback on my model, as I said I'm a beginner and I tend to have a lot of "fantastical" ideas that may not be so realistic.
On the outside of the bus, I plan to have the "Stop" sign arm reconfigured into my store sign, which can swing out and create a sort of 3D exterior space for my pop-up shows, complete with awning in case of rain and flip-up exterior table for product.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.JPG   4.JPG   5.JPG  

6.JPG   7.JPG  

LoveBusTreatery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:17 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBusTreatery View Post
Hey guys, it's Josie. I'm new here, just making my first post (hello) to introduce myself and my plans. I'm 24 years old and I live in Michigan with my two dogs, one cat and two rabbits. I currently run a business called Love Bites Treatery, I make organic treats and donate half to shelters. I swear I'm not plugging, it has to do with my skoolie. So last summer, I had the opportunity to open my own "brick and mortar" shop for the first time. It was amazing, and I loved it. It also taught me many things, and inspired in me the idea to have my own mobile pop-up shop. In looking for ways to bring that to life, I discovered the skoolie movement.
Now, I'm no stranger to tiny houses. In fact, I designed my own dream tiny house in sketchup over two years ago - that was based on a 28ft trailer. Two years later, I can say I'm ready to begin moving myself, my two dogs and my cat FULL-TIME into a short bus! (The rabbits are actually for an organic rabbitry, which I am considering continuing in a windowed trailer behind my skoolie - if anyone has brought rabbits on the road with them, PLEASE share experience - even though my rabbits are for meat, I love them and want them to have the best life possible and if that means I don't bring them on the road then so be it.)
The following are my sketchup plans for the shortie. I'm looking at 1990-1999 7.3L Diesel buses right now, 5 row/30 pax. If you see a good deal, let me know!
Please give feedback on my model, as I said I'm a beginner and I tend to have a lot of "fantastical" ideas that may not be so realistic.
On the outside of the bus, I plan to have the "Stop" sign arm reconfigured into my store sign, which can swing out and create a sort of 3D exterior space for my pop-up shows, complete with awning in case of rain and flip-up exterior table for product.
Awesome plan...welcome to the adventure

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Welcome

You sure you don't need a bigger bus?
Old 02-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Welcome

You sure you don't need a bigger bus?
Might need a boat

Old 02-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Chevy Midbus
Engine: GM 6.5 Turbo Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgsfanasty View Post
Might need a boat

Dont you mean an ark?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
jordan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan76 View Post
Dont you mean an ark?

Ok..ark...lol

Old 02-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
we actually saw the sun here in ohio.. first time in what 7 days?.. its been solid rain... I think im gonna trade one of my busses for a Boat!
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
we actually saw the sun here in ohio.. first time in what 7 days?.. its been solid rain... I think im gonna trade one of my busses for a Boat!
Aww, come on...we 48" in 24hr during Harvey....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Old 02-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Cover your bases. Get a floating bus.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:47 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan76 View Post
Dont you mean an ark?