Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2021, 05:37 AM   #1

ATL to NJ

Hello there,

My name is Ed, I'm a general contractor by trade and finally made the leap into the skoolie world.
I've been lurking around the interwebs for nearly 2 years researching and planning which bus we wanted to get.
As of last week we finally got exactly what we were looking for. At govdeals auction, I won a 7 window 28' 1999 International 3800 with the DT466E motor, retired from Dekalb County Schools a few months ago.
I really wanted a southern bus because I knew there would be much less rust than one from my neck of the woods.
So I took a day off, flew from NJ to ATL with a few tools and a battery jumper to pick her up and put her thru her paces. Besides needing a jump, everything was full and/or in good condition. It was an 850 mile, 19 hour affair (@62 mph) but getting her home went so smoothly.
So far I've got the interior walls and ceilings gutted, removed exterior safety equipment, removing all the lights and prepping for paint so we can get that done soon and focus on the interior during the fall and winter months.
Found only 1 spot of rust on the interior due to leaking from the roof hatches (which I've flex sealed for now until I close up and put in the 14" remote controlled ventilation fans).

Any advice, tips, comments, etc are welcome. Love what you guys do here and look forward to talking to ya soon.

ED
Attached Thumbnails
20211003_131624.jpg  

Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:08 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2009
Coachwork: Girardin
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 6.6 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: ?
Welcome Ed. Congratulations on your purchase. Way to dive right in! Keep posting yout progress✌
Buster Junior is offline   Reply With Quote