Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #1

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevy P40
Baby Bluebird and Heck

Hi,

New here, finally landed in Santa Cruz from Phoenix with my 1999 Bluebird Mini-Bird. 19.5 ft long x 8 wide x 9 tall. My first bus, though I have a few friends with buses, and I've been living out of a minivan for 2 years before this. I am really grateful for the existence of this site as I have a lot of work to do and this town is really unfriendly towards buses.

Planning on insulating everything, wall and ceiling paneling and hardwood (or close to hardwood :P ) floors, insulated curtains, solar, kitchen, and seating...ultimate goal is to be able to serve tea out of the front and talk to people about alternative housing. Wish I could park on some property or something, but it's the streets for me.

Hope to find out past experiences and suggestions, anyone who's had this kind of bus before, what works and what doesn't, etc. I have tools and determination.

Right now working on putting in a subfloor and insulating the walls and ceiling. Summer is no time to bake in a hot metal box.

Thanks all

Kate E. Bird is offline   Reply With Quote