Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #1
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Bus 101

No more bus 102

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
That bus takes a pretty good photograph. So how are you feeling about changing to 101?

Any chance they'll let you upgrade some of your tires if the other buses have better rubber? That one I can see looks a little thin on tread. I'm just sayin, get what you can.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #3
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
That bus takes a pretty good photograph. So how are you feeling about changing to 101?

Any chance they'll let you upgrade some of your tires if the other buses have better rubber? That one I can see looks a little thin on tread. I'm just sayin, get what you can.
I feel great. I'm basically gonna try get parts if need for it while it's there.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Then get the best tires and put them on your bus. It'll be a lot of work, but it will save you money.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #5
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Then get the best tires and put them on your bus. It'll be a lot of work, but it will save you money.
True. I'm getting a break fluid housing changed the one that was on was took off yesterday may 5

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #6
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I would have thought those had air brakes?
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #7
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
I would have thought those had air brakes?
That don't. It's hydraulic brakes

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #8
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
I would have thought those had air brakes?
All of our 3800 have hydraulic brakes and our ICCE buses are air brake

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:44 PM   #9
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 13,076
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
so i still wonder what was wrong with those 5 that all 5 ended up in the Junkyard.. do the 2 runners have clean or salvage titles? if they are salvage titles it means they were indeed sold for scrap..

have you actually got to drive 101.. up to highway speed and make sure its not belching oil, has WARN ENGINE light turned on, slips in the trans, etc?.. 'runs and drives' often means someone started it, drove it around in a circle in the parking lot.. stopped it and parked it..
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:48 PM   #10
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 13,076
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
it looks like the whole Master cylinder is missing for the brakes on that.... thats not just a fluid housing..
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:50 PM   #11
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
so i still wonder what was wrong with those 5 that all 5 ended up in the Junkyard.. do the 2 runners have clean or salvage titles? if they are salvage titles it means they were indeed sold for scrap..

have you actually got to drive 101.. up to highway speed and make sure its not belching oil, has WARN ENGINE light turned on, slips in the trans, etc?.. 'runs and drives' often means someone started it, drove it around in a circle in the parking lot.. stopped it and parked it..
-Christopher
All have clean titles. And after the key switch went out on 101 it was parked and wasn't used again

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #12
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
it looks like the whole Master cylinder is missing for the brakes on that.... thats not just a fluid housing..
-Christopher
Yea. That what's off. I'm getting it off 102 since it runs and if need of other parts like tires. I'm gonna look at all and see which has better ones on

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #13
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 13,076
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
thats a project to put on.. as you'll have to flush the complete brake system.. you have moitsutre in those lines now.. and then you'll have to bleed all of the lines completely.. its sat open.. not a good thing for hydraulic brakes...

so really there are 5 busses and not a one of them was ready to hop in and head down the road..
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:12 PM   #14
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
thats a project to put on.. as you'll have to flush the complete brake system.. you have moitsutre in those lines now.. and then you'll have to bleed all of the lines completely.. its sat open.. not a good thing for hydraulic brakes...

so really there are 5 busses and not a one of them was ready to hop in and head down the road..
-Christopher
The brake cylinder just got took like on may 5 and today is may 6. And 101 and 102 is the ones you can crank and go

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #15
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
thats a project to put on.. as you'll have to flush the complete brake system.. you have moitsutre in those lines now.. and then you'll have to bleed all of the lines completely.. its sat open.. not a good thing for hydraulic brakes...

so really there are 5 busses and not a one of them was ready to hop in and head down the road..
-Christopher
Ik them buses been on all except one and it's the one behind 102. It's the junker

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #16
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 13,076
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
even one day is enough to get mega moisture in the brake system... you get a cold snap and you go to stop and.. NOPE! could really happen.. moisture causes corrosion of brake parts... if that thing has an ABS module then running it with moisture the system could mean BIG BUCKS to fix that,, brakes arent something to cheap out on and laugh at... esp in a big bus... if your brakes go bust you arent looking at just hurting yourself.. you got 20,000 pounds of metal barrelling down the road...
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #17
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
even one day is enough to get mega moisture in the brake system... you get a cold snap and you go to stop and.. NOPE! could really happen.. moisture causes corrosion of brake parts... if that thing has an ABS module then running it with moisture the system could mean BIG BUCKS to fix that,, brakes arent something to cheap out on and laugh at... esp in a big bus... if your brakes go bust you arent looking at just hurting yourself.. you got 20,000 pounds of metal barrelling down the road...
-Christopher
I'm trying to hurry ASAP to get it on as quick as I can

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #18
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 13,076
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bus_102_ View Post
I'm trying to hurry ASAP to get it on as quick as I can

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

hurry doesnt matter now.. you need to flush it and bleed it regardless..
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #19
Skoolie
 
_Bus_102_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 112
My bus Bus 101 is here

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #20
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 13,076
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
is it at your house now?
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×