Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2020, 11:31 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: DT466E
Thank you WIBlueBird, Ronnie and EastCoastCB for answering my questions, and helping me feel more comfortable with this bus purchase. I really appreciate getting advise from people who know. I bought the bus. $4300 delivered to my house. I will have some one drop me off there next week on my day off and ride with him when he delivers the bus, and learn how to drive this beast. Very exciting. Then the real work will begins.

MorningOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:02 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningOwl View Post
Thank you WIBlueBird, Ronnie and EastCoastCB for answering my questions, and helping me feel more comfortable with this bus purchase. I really appreciate getting advise from people who know. I bought the bus. $4300 delivered to my house. I will have some one drop me off there next week on my day off and ride with him when he delivers the bus, and learn how to drive this beast. Very exciting. Then the real work will begins.
Best of luck with the conversion! That bus is going to be an excellent starting point (although I am biased since I am a Bluebird man myself). You will really appreciate the high headroom bus and the side emergency exit (if you choose to incorporate it into your floor plan).
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:33 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: DT466E
Sorry double post.
MorningOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:46 AM   #24
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningOwl View Post
Great, , this is exciting. I know the feeling of when our bus arrived. We dropped everything and got right into it.

Yours is a very similer bus to a friend of ours who has a 99 Bluebird. They have it our yard/shop . Hopefully will finish the flooring today.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

The DT408 isn't very common, but it is mechanical. Also, the AT545 is good if you are fine with no overdrive and decreased fuel economy.
coolcraftnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #26
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcraftnet18 View Post
The DT408 isn't very common, but it is mechanical. Also, the AT545 is good if you are fine with no overdrive and decreased fuel economy.
... and higher operating temps on the highway. And no engine braking.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote