Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #1

Cautiously excited

I’m not even sure where it came from but i’ve definitely got the bug ... been scouring these threads for about two weeks now to see if i’m up to the challenge.

One of my biggest obstacles would be that i’d have to park the skoolie in my backyard if I have any chance of completing it, but I can guarantee that not all of my neighbors would share my enthusiasm and pioneering spirit.

The good(?) thing is that since I live in Florida I only have to meet one of the requirements to be classified as recreational vehicle (and fall safely within the neighborhood covenants):
( ) Installed 110 volt electrical wiring
( ) Installed LP gas piping
( ) Installed plumbing system

My question to the group is, since I want to be compliant with the letter of the law (but perhaps not the full intent), which of these would be the easiest & quickest to comply with, keeping in mind that even the best made plans are subject to change?

I initially toyed with the idea of hanging a water hose and extension cord out one of the back windows and calling it a day, but thought that might be pushing the envelope a bit too far ...

If it helps, my initial thought is that I’d set it up to run off standard rv hook-ups.

Any and all feedback is appreciated ...

Davidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Install an electrical outlet inside and outside, so the extension cord powers the inside and you need it parked close to the back of the house.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #3

Simplicity at it's finest ...

Thanks.
Davidr is offline   Reply With Quote