Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #1

Crys from Colorado

Hi everybody! I've lurked for a while and finally decided to register and say hi...

I'm Crys, I live in Boulder-ish Colorado, and I'm a graphic designer. I'm planning on buying me a short bus and commencing conversion this coming February. Now is the research stage, so I'm trying to absorb everything I can. Any and all tips welcome!

schulace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Welcome to the Madhouse! --- you have found the right place to do your homework. Best of luck on the hunt & build.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, Allison AT1545
Rated Cap: 2
welcome to the forum! there are lots of us Coloradans on here. great minds think alike!

looking forward to your build
Old 08-18-2017, 11:58 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Welcome to our fun factory. Hope you find 'your' bus, and let the fine folks, on this forum, guide you to your dream. I have a couple of favors to ask of you. 1st, will you pronounce your name. I hate not knowing how to say a name in my head, and then wonder if I got it correct. (I'm thick, I guess) 2nd, if you see a black 1975 BMW motorcycle, with a sidecar, driving around town, please remind the rider that he promised me (the seller) fisrt right of refusal, when he's ready to sell it.
Good luck on your skooling journey
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:02 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by schulace View Post
Hi everybody! I've lurked for a while and finally decided to register and say hi...

I'm Crys, I live in Boulder-ish Colorado, and I'm a graphic designer. I'm planning on buying me a short bus and commencing conversion this coming February. Now is the research stage, so I'm trying to absorb everything I can. Any and all tips welcome!
I love Colorado! Lots of really nice folks and nice tokes out there. I only spent an afternoon in Boulder. But it seemed VERY upscale. Like a rich area of Miami or something, only with mountains instead of beaches. Looked like a very expensive place! But beautiful scenery for sure!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #6

Quote:
I have a couple of favors to ask of you. 1st, will you pronounce your name. I hate not knowing how to say a name in my head, and then wonder if I got it correct. (I'm thick, I guess) 2nd, if you see a black 1975 BMW motorcycle, with a sidecar, driving around town, please remind the rider that he promised me (the seller) fisrt right of refusal, when he's ready to sell it.
I will keep an eye out! It's like "Chris." Short for Crystal.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Hello from Fort Collins! I still mostly just lurk, but working on our first bus conversion. Good luck on your project!
czoesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:18 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by czoesq View Post
Hello from Fort Collins! I still mostly just lurk, but working on our first bus conversion. Good luck on your project!
They have a great tea shop there called Happy Lucky.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Crys,
Thanks for the 'name/mental picture' help. I've learned never assume anything, so now I know.
Any thoughts on what size bus you will want, or need? What are your plans for the bus? Live in it full time? Live and office, full time? Travel?
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olfart View Post
Any thoughts on what size bus you will want, or need? What are your plans for the bus? Live in it full time? Live and office, full time? Travel?
The plan is to have the bus done at some point next year, then totally weigh anchor from the rent system and live in it full-time. I'm not sure how much travelling I'll do but my hope is to steer away from cold winter weather whenever I can.

I'm leaning toward a larger shortie, in the 30-passenger range. I've done some rough draft floor plans and this seems like it'll be a good middle-size for what I need.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
They have a great tea shop there called Happy Lucky.
I have been there! If you check it out, ask them about the ghosts in the basement!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulace View Post
I have been there! If you check it out, ask them about the ghosts in the basement!
Best cup of tea I've had in maybe my whole life.

Tags
colorado, new member, short bus, short bus conversion