Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2020, 06:16 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
get a bluebird wanderlodge. Factory converted school bus straight from the source. They don't make them anymore but they're out there for sure. 35k will get you one surely.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:47 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: INTL
Chassis: RE300
Engine: DT466e/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 72
Totally. I like those. And yeah, I’ve got the kind of budget where I can be choosy if I wish to be. (I’m sure I could get a reasonable skoolie on the road for 10k and save the rest though, ahhhh wish I was handy lol!)
TransFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:37 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

And then he had a heart attack.

My husband is fine. It was thankfully minor and easily remedied with a stent and medication. His cardiologist gave him a clean bill of health.

Now he wants to build the skoolie himself as part of his recovery. He’s got a bus picked out. I told him to knock himself out because it looks like a good one and that man needs a hobby.

I guess we are going to be skoolie people.
Old 08-23-2020, 03:46 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
my original name was just jolly roger because when we first bought our first bus my children were into the pirates of the carribean stuff and we live on the NC coast within 30 min of the blackbeard museum which we had just recently visited before bus purchase?
i asked the children to name it?
the jolly roger 223 is because my computer quit and i am computer illiterate and when i got thing halfway straightened out i had to add the 223 because my old jolly roger was listed.
223 is the bus number of course.
if you want the name just say so i will let you have it because now i have two busses and want to figure out how to add the second one in the profile?
but before i do the second one will belong to my wife and i want her to create her own thread because she will be the one on the road with it? not me?
wish you luck
i can give you the name jolly roger my children are grown and gone and my wife is now a traveling LABTECH so my jollyroger family camper served its purpose and now a have a family camper that is not needed anymore?
but i know how to repurpose.
fix my sons car.
get my truck back.
fix my new/ mommas short bus buy january.
she is in alaska until mid november so she has november december before her next assignment for her part with interior decorating and i aint aloud to paint anymore.
hell yeah.
long story short of the mess in my head?
the name is just a name and they dont even call the bus that. they call it the bus.
it was just a username so take it if you want.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
sorry forgot to add i was and am a marine and have been awarded two hearts but have powered through and do not say disabled?
most of the the time i say dysfunctional cause sometimes things work/hurt and sometimes they dont.
OOHRAH
DAY BY DAY.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:17 AM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

My apologies. No. No. Absolutely not, and please forgive me. I'm still learning the etiquette.

I have another name picked out, one which is close to my heart and very personal -- but I'm going to run it by my husband before we name our bus. I'm pretty sure no one else has the name, it is very unusual.

But perhaps, this other name will be more appropriate than Jolly Roger.