Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2015, 12:09 AM   #1

Extremely relieved to discover you guys!

Hello from Geogia! I suppose that this is my very first step into the skoolie world. My wife and I have recently decided that converting a school bus into a home is our ticket to freedom. We have not yet purchased a bus, which is what brought me to this site in the first place. We would like to find a 40ft bus in the 5k price range (if anyone has any leads).

I guess I should say what our plans are (at this stage as, after reading some of the threads on here, I fully understand that an open mind will be one of my greatest assets during this process).

Things we'd like to install:
Solar power
toilet and shower
wood burning stove
potentially a WVO conversion
storage, storage, and just a little more storage
queen bed and a set of bunks
large-ish kitchen

I guess thats a solid condensed version of the things my wife and I have discussed. If there is anyone in the southeastern US that has a schoolie and would like a new best friends, Im available. Id love the opportunity to meet some of you guys. I look forward to posting pics/videos of our progress in the future.

-Josh

comprosky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
We're in Gainesville, GA....we bought our bus back in October of 2012 and it's still a work in progress. If your close by or happen to be in the area your more than welcome to stop by (we'll put you to work )

You can see what we've done so far at "The Breeze"
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Howdy Georgia!
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #4

Hello The-Breeze. Howdy Dond. My family lived in Gainesville for a while and only moved away recently. I am in the Dalton area very often during the week lately and would definitely like to arrange a visit sometime. Im more than willing to put in some sweat. Its past time for me to get my feet wet in the conversion process. Shoot me a message if you know some times that would be beneficial for you and hopefully we can work something out. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for the replies!
comprosky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:56 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
Comp...sent you a PM. Did you get it. I've been having problems with it.

You can email me directly @ booger1k@gmail.com if your still interested in getting together.

The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote