Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2020, 08:15 PM   #1

FARM TRUCK license plates ie bus

anyone in TEXAS ever tried with TEXAS DPS to register their bus as a FARM TRUCK? There is a lot of Jeeps driving around TEXAS registered as
FARM TRUCK? hummmmm

thanks

we

tsw5419@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Never tried it, but I know you have to have "some" land, and I guess have to show what your agricultural costs are. A jeep checks there 'boxes' better than a bus.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:21 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
It's been awhile since I registered vehicles in Texas. My best recollection is that farm trucks were limited to use on the farm and limited trips to town performing farm work/business.

I am afraid that if you got pulled over in Texas while driving a converted bus with farm truck plates that the officer could easily tell that you are gaming the system.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
It's been awhile since I registered vehicles in Texas. My best recollection is that farm trucks were limited to use on the farm and limited trips to town performing farm work/business.

I am afraid that if you got pulled over in Texas while driving a converted bus with farm truck plates that the officer could easily tell that you are gaming the system.
pnw steve, thanks for the reply. I am really going to use it on and off the farm to haul sguare bales, cow feed and sit it in front of the homestead and sale fresh garden veggies, fresh tomatoes, orka , onions , cabbage BLACKEYED PEAS and other things from the farm.

thanks again. WE. south of Venus texas
tsw5419@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsw5419@yahoo.com View Post
pnw steve, thanks for the reply. I am really going to use it on and off the farm to haul sguare bales, cow feed and sit it in front of the homestead and sale fresh garden veggies, fresh tomatoes, orka , onions , cabbage BLACKEYED PEAS and other things from the farm.

thanks again. WE. south of Venus texas
That changes everything It should be fine as long as you send me some black-eyed peas and okra. People up here just don't understand good food.

Seriously, it sounds like you are going to be using it exactly as intended for a farm truck.

Post pictures for us as you progress.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:24 PM   #6

Year: 1972
Engine: 350 SBC
Farm tags

That is a good question.. kinda curious myself... got a gut feeling you may run into a weight situation depending on how big your bus is.
OldSchool72 is offline   Reply With Quote