Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2020, 03:20 PM   #81
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
I live not-too-far-awar from Marc and I wish these good folks had requested me to do an inspection for 'em before traveling all the way across the country for a purchase. I would have checked for major rust, suspension type (air or spring), transmission type, tire size and condition, including age and tread depth, general overall condition, VIN verification and my factual and personal assessment. I'm going to assume Marc is a good ol' boy with no bad intents, just a couple honest mistakes made.

Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #82
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
dead link.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:07 PM   #83
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cat3126
I need to make an apology for posting in hast last time. Todd checked VIN number from text Marc sent us. Has now checked title to VIN number on bus. It’s the right bus and VINS match. We are new to buying vehicles...only owned three over last 35 years. We know Marc missed information as we did. He’s offered to give us our money back. We have the option of selling it with full disclosure. I started this thread celebrating our new bus. Would like to exit this thread now saying we are okay, we have a bus we think we like, and, we’d like to exit this thread now.
Kaleth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #84
Skoolie

That’s where we would like to leave this discussion too Brad. Thank you.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #85
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Which VIN was in the auction is the real question.. maybe the 545 vs 2000 talk was the fact the correct bus had 2000 trans in it ? The bus mark was given doesnt..

So question is which is wrong? The bus or title? If Marc bid on and bought the actual bus he bid on then this is a paper switch for the school to make.. if the VIN on the auction matches the paper and not the bus then ultimately the school needs to make good..

If title jumping wasn’t performed then this would’ve been caught a long time ago ..

To the OP check to see if there is a VIN tag under the hood on the bus chassis. Make sure it’s not a case of looking at body number or a Thomas serial number vs legal VIN .. on my internationals the VIN the DMV uses is on the cowl under the hood
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #86
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
o1Marc needs to refund the money for the bus and the travel expenses and any repairs made to the bus. This was a bad idea from the beginning and you need to make it right. I don't care if people are flipping a bus or not, but there is a difference in buying a bus, possessing and fixing it up for resale or just doing a freakin' auction swap for profit.

Unacceptable behavior for a forum member to do especially when they don't offer anything to the forum except belittling members for classified ads or purchases. Make it right to these people please.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #87
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
o1Marc needs to refund the money for the bus and the travel expenses and any repairs made to the bus. This was a bad idea from the beginning and you need to make it right.
Wow, I just found/read this and it's worse then I thought.

I agree. They didn't buy the bus they got, they bought the bus he sold them. That being one with rear air ride and an allison 2000. They trusted him, being a frequent member of the forum, and took his word verbatim. And why shouldn't they? Being first time buyers, who are they going to turn to for inspection of the bus, aside from one of us?

The minimum he should do is refund the purchase price, and take back possession of the bus where it sits. The correct thing to do is apologize profusely, refund them the purchase price, and the expenses they incurred for the whole fiasco. Yeah, he should be the one to incur a loss on this one, that's typically when happens when you preach of something you know nothing about.

A lot of crow should be ate with this deal. Sadly, I'm not going to count on that happening.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:30 PM   #88
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
A lot of crow should be ate with this deal. Sadly, I'm not going to count on that happening.
According to the buyers, marc already spent the money so he was unable to give them the refund.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:42 PM   #89
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIbluebird View Post
According to the buyers, marc already spent the money so he was unable to give them the refund.
He told them he spent it on guns specifically. If I were charitably-minded, I wouldn't think that was meant to intimidate them.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #90
Bus Geek

Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
He made sure they knew he'd spent it on GUNS.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:59 AM   #91
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Kaleth2 ... did y'all make it back home okay after servicing the transmission?
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:56 AM   #92
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
It was posted somewhere else that they left the bus in Arizona to return later to get it as they were out of time.

Maybe the air ride versus springs thread?
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:09 PM   #93
Skoolie

Native, Thanks for asking. We did leave the bus in Arizona. It was slower than we thought it was. Todd and his Mom have birthdays at the end of Feb and we’re planning on driving home from Arizona after that. It was a messy purchase for sure. We did call the auction place and get the original ad from them and that ad did say Allison 2000, so they made a big mistake. However, now that the bus has changed hands 2x, they are unwilling to do anything about it. If we buy a bus again, we know to crawl underneath and look to see what it is ourselves!
Nevertheless! We are excited to leave this chapter behind. After her transmission seal was fixed, she traveled fairly well 58mph without overheating, and she has a newer engine, rebuilt with 125or so on it. I’m working at home nonstop to get some things done so I can dive into building her when she comes home
Old 01-25-2020, 02:23 AM   #94
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
I am glad to hear y'all made it back fine, even if you had to leave the bus behind. Sounds like she is running fine now. That is a big plus. Please keep us updated, if you care to.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:04 PM   #95
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Did the buyer say I would not refund their money at any time?

« hi | The Yuhtbus »