Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2020, 10:01 PM   #1

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Finally got her!

Greetings from the dry side of the Pacific Northwest. I've been a longtime lurker for years and recently my wife and I picked up our 95 International Genesis. We're in Eastern Oregon and found one listed on an online truck and equipment listing in Montana. 32 foot FE flat nose with a dt466. The at545 transmission was replaced about the time it was put into semi retirement, two years before we bought it. She's not quite the unicorn we were looking for but she did check of all the important boxes. The drive back was entirely uneventful save for a little brake smoke going over Lolo Pass lol! I got a good lesson on driving a bus down a grade, low gearing is your friend.

Our goal is to mostly live in her. Probably go for a trip here and there but mostly to live in as a way to simplify our lives and scale down.

I'm sure that I will be starting a thread on our build but wanted to say hi and to thank you all for being a source of inspiration as well as quiet technical support. I've learned a lot and look forward to sharing our progress. I tend to be quiet on forums these days but I will post here and there as well as possibly asking for help.

Cheers

bonny790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:46 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny790 View Post
Greetings from the dry side of the Pacific Northwest. I've been a longtime lurker for years and recently my wife and I picked up our 95 International Genesis. We're in Eastern Oregon and found one listed on an online truck and equipment listing in Montana. 32 foot FE flat nose with a dt466. The at545 transmission was replaced about the time it was put into semi retirement, two years before we bought it. She's not quite the unicorn we were looking for but she did check of all the important boxes. The drive back was entirely uneventful save for a little brake smoke going over Lolo Pass lol! I got a good lesson on driving a bus down a grade, low gearing is your friend.

Our goal is to mostly live in her. Probably go for a trip here and there but mostly to live in as a way to simplify our lives and scale down.

I'm sure that I will be starting a thread on our build but wanted to say hi and to thank you all for being a source of inspiration as well as quiet technical support. I've learned a lot and look forward to sharing our progress. I tend to be quiet on forums these days but I will post here and there as well as possibly asking for help.

Cheers
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the club
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:24 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny790 View Post

Cheers
Welcome aboard. Now the fun starts.

“Watch the police & the tax man miss me, I’m mobile”
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote