Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 05:11 PM   #1

Year: None
Coachwork: None yet
Chassis: None yet
Engine: None yet
Rated Cap: None yet
Finally got here

Hi all, I'm from the Van Dweller site (I ALMOST thought of abbreviating the name, what an entry THAT would have been!)

I finally came to the conclusion that due to my job and the permissions I have with parking and sleeping in the parking lot, that the only answer for vehicle to live in, is a bus.

Now I am looking at a "Shorty" 21 passenger max. I get my wifi free at the local community center and also at the Walmart I sleep at. I even work at one also, but my co-workers know I live out of my vehicle happily. I'd stay with paying the $37 a month for showers, but if I can do the whole thing for less, I can save for my old age.

Best thing about this for me? Helping Sister. Yes her and her husband are paying on a house, but she doesn't work, he does but they are stretched thin, so since I make $1,200 or so a month, I can easily help them with electric and such.

After all, with my set up now, I get by on less than $450. (I am paying off bills and repairs though) come March, I'll be home free on ALL bills. Then the looking starts.

"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
Genenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Sounds similar to my life.
Welcome aboard. I have friends who do van life 6 months out of the year.
Currently looking around for a van of my own.

Welcome aboard.
There are some nice transit style shorties out west that should suit you nicely.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote