Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2017, 11:39 PM   #1
Scared to Post

Finally taking the plunge!

Hello!
First off let me say thanks to ya'll, I've learned a ton from creeping the past 6ish months.

The time is finally right, finishing out my last week of work and my wife is finishing up her degree. I think we have found our next home (going to try and make arrangements after the holiday) and wanted some advice from the community:

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6159366866.html

From what I've seen and heard this bus looks great (DIBS!) but I'm pretty inexperienced in this. I'm ok with cars and bikes, but really not too sure what I should be paying special attention to above and beyond. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! We're being hopeful and thinking 6 months or so for the build, depending on weather. I'll be working part time to fund the build, and full time on the bus.

Brief overview:
It's myself, the wife, cat and dog. We've moved around frequently, about every 6 months or so. We both love to be mobile, and for obvious reasons have been dreaming about our bus and escaping the rent trap/stagnation.
She enjoys coding, animals, and sewing.
I enjoy drums, camping and motorcycles.
Ideally I'd love to work out a way to be able to have a small kit since we'll be full time, but that's a bridge to cross later.
A motorcycle lift is a must.

I look forward to the feedback and hopefully getting started on this build next week!

Shucks is offline   Reply With Quote