Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9L cummins
Rated Cap: 84pax
Finally... we did it.

Alright where to begin. Some of you might have seen posts from "rentfree" that's me we changed our name because we finally bought our first skoolie and named her Ms. Honey 1993 bluebird 5.9L allison "allusion" (some of you might get it) 643trans for 2k with 290k miles runs and drives we plan on converting it to live in full time with our 3 kids 4, 2, 3 months we are selling our house soon and plan on living in it for a few years it's going to be quite an adventure but I'm ready to live life to the fullest and experience new things.

Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #2
Skoolie

Congrats!! It feels great to be on this path!! We just put our house on the market and have spent the last several months selling everything we own. We are about 30-45 days out from buying our bus! Welcome to the family!
Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Honey View Post
Alright where to begin. Some of you might have seen posts from "rentfree" that's me we changed our name because we finally bought our first skoolie and named her Ms. Honey 1993 bluebird 5.9L allison "allusion" (some of you might get it) 643trans for 2k with 290k miles runs and drives we plan on converting it to live in full time with our 3 kids 4, 2, 3 months we are selling our house soon and plan on living in it for a few years it's going to be quite an adventure but I'm ready to live life to the fullest and experience new things.
I think you had a name already "allusion" lol.
Congratulations on Ms. Honey. Pictures are in order!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourmefa View Post
Congrats!! It feels great to be on this path!! We just put our house on the market and have spent the last several months selling everything we own. We are about 30-45 days out from buying our bus! Welcome to the family!
Thanks it does feel good to be on this path I've wanted to for a few years now my wife wasn't on board but 6 months ago she was like "let's do it, I want to convert a bus" so here we are lol our house is pretty empty lol we started selling everything like 1 month ago and started an envelope for the cash so it goes strictly to the bus.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:13 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njsurf73 View Post
I think you had a name already "allusion" lol.
Congratulations on Ms. Honey. Pictures are in order!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks pics will be coming soon. Not gonna lie allusion is a pretty badass name not sure my wife is gonna want to change it now lol
Old 02-27-2017, 07:01 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
If you all are selling everything you own to take this adventure, Where do you plan on converting your bus and what tools will you have to do the work? Don't misunderstand, I think it is great to jump out there and hit the road, but for me it's about being self sufficient. Just curious.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatman View Post
If you all are selling everything you own to take this adventure, Where do you plan on converting your bus and what tools will you have to do the work? Don't misunderstand, I think it is great to jump out there and hit the road, but for me it's about being self sufficient. Just curious.

We're going to do part of the conversion in our driveway the stripping, sanding, priming, insulation, framing of the bedroom then we're going to move it to my in-laws driveway and finish there. people are currently in an rv in their driveway that are moving in the next 2month's that's why I can't just park it there now. Between myself, my best friend who's going to help with this build and my wife's dad who's a Foreman of a Construction company we have every tool imaginable from basic tools, power tools, rivet gun, and welders we got this lol
Old 02-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Congrats! We just bought a bus from the same auction! We got a '99 international. Same plans! We are in Aberdeen wa
notimeforfakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by notimeforfakes View Post
Congrats! We just bought a bus from the same auction! We got a '99 international. Same plans! We are in Aberdeen wa
Congrats. We're from Sultan Wa not to far from us.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Honey View Post
We're going to do part of the conversion in our driveway the stripping, sanding, priming, insulation, framing of the bedroom then we're going to move it to my in-laws driveway and finish there. people are currently in an rv in their driveway that are moving in the next 2month's that's why I can't just park it there now. Between myself, my best friend who's going to help with this build and my wife's dad who's a Foreman of a Construction company we have every tool imaginable from basic tools, power tools, rivet gun, and welders we got this lol
No problem guys. I'm like Bob Ueker. Taste Great or Less Filling. I just like to ask childish questions and then get out of the way. My mother always told me I should have been a lawyer. She said I love stirring the $&!+@#*. Just having fun. GOOD LUCK ON THE BUILD !! You really do need the tools for at least the ease of doing a project. I used to have this friend that I think the only tool he had was a router. No matter what he wanted to do, He could do it because he had a router......... funny as hell.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:26 PM   #11
Skoolie

Congrats, Graham Wa. here, about 50% done. Lot of Wa. Schoolies.
Oldmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:34 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmopars View Post
Congrats, Graham Wa. here, about 50% done. Lot of Wa. Schoolies.
Thanks...There really are a lot of Wa Skoolies it seems like. Maybe one day there will be a skoolie meet in WA somewhere