Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2022, 12:02 PM   #1

Year: 2012
Coachwork: International
Chassis: PC105
First skoolie

Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce us and say that we're happy to be here. We just purchased our first bus, 2012 International PC105. She's in pretty good condition and we'll probably be asking for a lot of help...lol
Attached Thumbnails
Bus Pic.jpg  

xGhost32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 12:43 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 27,500
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a nice bus.
Oldyeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 01:06 PM   #3

Thank you! As soon as I can figure out all the wiring that in the bus especially for the front & back AC units I'll be golden. Electrical is my weakness...
Old 04-07-2022, 01:21 PM   #4
Bus Nut

A word of warning . . .

Don't remove any interior wiring unless/until you're SURE about what it does. More than a few folks have posted here who ended up with no start situations because they removed interior wiring and ended up compromising the safety interlock systems of the bus. Removing the interior wiring is NOT an easy first job to do on any school bus of modern design.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:26 PM   #5

Thank you for the heads up. I'm doing the floor first, but maybe I'll have to find a bus service shop to tackle the electrical.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGhost32x View Post
Thank you for the heads up. I'm doing the floor first, but maybe I'll have to find a bus service shop to tackle the electrical.
Or just don't do anything with it for a while. Perhaps by the time you NEED to do something with it you'll have scaled the learning cliff of what all the wires do.

In my bus all my interior wiring is run through a single large diameter corrugated plastic wire sheath. It used to run in a sheet metal channel above the windows, now it's laying on the floor. It's fine where it is until I address the interior wiring.

That one sheath, in my bus, contains all the interior wiring, interior lights, speakers, exterior roof marker lights, all the school bus top flashers, stops, tails, turns, backups, rear exit interlock and I don't know what else. Now that I think about it, and strangely enough, I think the only thing I recall seeing run along the bus frame is the backup beeper and I have plans for that.