Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Oh, I should also mention that that is easily TWICE the value. I bought my entirely rust-free CA bus for $5K

Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:46 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2009
Chassis: Chevy Collins 3500
Engine: 6.6L Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus'n it View Post
Hey, I just bought a bus that looked like its been through hell and back. Most AZ buses do since the sun just eats away at everything including the interior. (Oh wait, thats the dried throw up) That said, my bus although rust free had its share of oil leaks, smelly hydraulics on the undercarriage, massive rattles from windows falling out of their frames and two ac's that have had their belts pulled off for some reason. Why did I buy it?? 'Cause it had the Cummins 8.3 and no emissions. She runs sweet and I enjoy driving it. Tracks true and steady. Its all i could ask for as a foundation for my build. But yes, rust is such an evil to deal with Vs cleaning up leaks and squeaks. Either way, congratulations and please post pics of your new toy and journey. I think the journey to bring it back will be the most fun part. I believe we all need a reprieve from the stresses of todays climate.
Thank you for the kind words! We have an idea that this will be a wild ride and are trying to prepare as best we can. We're seeing it as an adventure and a way for us to have more freedom. I'm very excited to join this awesome community!
twothurstons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:47 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2009
Chassis: Chevy Collins 3500
Engine: 6.6L Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo View Post
Oh, I should also mention that that is easily TWICE the value. I bought my entirely rust-free CA bus for $5K
We've been looking and anything that's not an auction vehicle is selling for at least 7-10k or more. Prices may have changed since COVID hit because more people are looking for alternatives to RVs? Not sure but they're not as cheap as you mention and I haven't see anything we like anywhere near CA.
twothurstons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collins, diesel engine, mini bus