Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: CAT 3208 V8
Smile Full-time Skoolie life in CO and ID

I bought a 1991 Thomas dieasel pusher just this April. It's 32ft and was the special needs MVP model with a double door handicap lift. Let me tell you it's good to be here! But it sure isn't easy.

The thing is beautiful. Cherry hardwood floors and cabinetry, queen bed, two sinks, a toilet, a dometic fridge, a stove and oven, a propane heater, and the handicap lift area is now a huge external closet. There's a 55gal fresh water tank, another 80 gal fresh beneath, a 75 gal black tank, and a 35 gal grey with an latch inside the bus to release the valve (great while driving). Not to mention a couple very large propane tanks welded in underneath. We've got 3 200w solar panels attached to six 6v golf cart batteries in series parallel (for 12v system) running through an Outback Controller and a 2500 watt inverter.

It's a handful, but it runs well and we've only had minor issues so far. My partner and I are now in it full-time. I'm learning most things by trial and error (and YouTube videos and forums too). Hopefully I can be of use to this community and benefit greatly from it as I go on this journey!

EschatonExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Welcome
Got to love these special needs buses. I never thought I'd have a bus with a flat floor.
Yes your experience would be helpful here. You're going to get a lot of different opinions so don't let that bother you.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:56 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Pictures! We need pictures!

And, oh right, Welcome!
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: CAT 3208 V8
There's one picture on my profile page. I'll be sure to throw more up on this thread once I figure out how... Uploads are failing. Could be the file size. And I've only got a smartphone with data right now.
EschatonExpress is offline   Reply With Quote