Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2022, 10:54 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: V8 Diesel Powerstroke
Go home

Hello everyone, I’m from Brazil and I’ve been living in the USA for 5 years. My wife and I want to go back to Brazil in our Skoolie next year, so there we are.
We don’t buy the bus yet, we’re looking for a shorty one 5 window diesel. What do you guys think about this rig?
Thanks for having us here.

Woodrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:55 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
did you post a link to one?
can you give us a little more info on it.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:27 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
did you post a link to one?
can you give us a little more info on it.
I’ve just been looking for it on some auction web site
Old 05-25-2022, 07:31 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

We bought a Bus
She is in Kansas and I have been living in Massachusetts. What can we have to do about plates and registration?
Thank you all
Old 05-25-2022, 09:39 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 27,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrunk View Post
We bought a Bus
She is in Kansas and I have been living in Massachusetts. What can we have to do about plates and registration?
Thank you all
How you register it depends on a number of things, most importantly, which state will you register it in? You mentioned Kansas and Massachusetts. If you can confirm if it's one of those states then perhaps folks from whichever state you choose to register it in can help.

Congrats on a nice looking bus.
Oldyeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:11 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyeller View Post
How you register it depends on a number of things, most importantly, which state will you register it in? You mentioned Kansas and Massachusetts. If you can confirm if it's one of those states then perhaps folks from whichever state you choose to register it in can help.

Congrats on a nice looking bus.
Thank for answering. We are going to Kansas and planning go back drive down here. But we don’t have plate and insurance yet. Our plan is register in Massachusetts
Old 05-25-2022, 11:39 AM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
wood runk

I am in topeka kansas..... where in kansas is the bus? How are getting to Kansas? I might be able to help you.

william 785 207 7600 telephone anytime
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 12:54 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you Willian, she is in Humboldt. We’re going to flight to Kansas City and rent a car to there. We’re going to need a diesel mechanic just for a little check, because we have 2 thousand miles ahead. We have some question about de plate, registration and insurance as well. Thanks for everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnakansas View Post
I am in topeka kansas..... where in kansas is the bus? How are getting to Kansas? I might be able to help you.

william 785 207 7600 telephone anytime
Old 05-25-2022, 02:20 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
that is about

2.5 hours south of me.... unless your driver's license is a kansas license i dont think you are going to be registering here in kansas...

as far as I can tell, unless you buy from a dealer, I dont think you are going to get a temporary tag... but what do I know.

for the most part..... are looking for just an idea of the general condition of the rig as a whole?

I chevrolet dealership should be able to inspections... A good in depth inspection should take an hour minimum and closer to two to three hours to really get in there and poke around...
what day are you looking to do this?

william
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:51 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
County Treasurer=Tag / KS Revenue=Title & Registration

I'm in Florida, not licensed in Kansas, but searched Gooble for "Kansas Temporary Tag". The Kansas State link below describes Kansas Statute KSA 8-135(b). Which states, for up to 60 days from the date on the vehicle's title, the new vehicle owner may purchase a temporary tag from any Kansas County Treasurer (at that county's fee)
OR from the vehicle's selling dealer.
Acceptable proof of insurance (company id, policy # and policy expiration date) must be provided

Fee: $3.00
30 DAY PERMITS. 60 Day temporary Registration KSA 8-135(b) This permit allows a Kansas resident or out-of-state resident buying a vehicle from a Kansas dealer or resident to operate the vehicle for a period of time not to exceed 60 days from date of purchase of the vehicle (notary date).

(Kansas Revenue PFD File)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ee5A9VT8xvww-Y

(Douglas County Website)
https://www.douglascountyks.org/serv...nd-60-day-tags
Lots of good info here, take your time.

(Application)
https://www.ksrevenue.org/pdf/tr212.pdf
This last file is a form, the state application to receive the title & registration.

Good Luck. Please update this thread so we learn how everything works with the temporary tag & title, in Kansas.

Next: Insurance. How will you be registering your bus, on the first day home? Seats in or out?

(Edit: also, read this 2015 skoolie.net thread on KS tag & title)
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/k...elp-11515.html
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:24 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnakansas View Post
2.5 hours south of me.... unless your driver's license is a kansas license i dont think you are going to be registering here in kansas...

as far as I can tell, unless you buy from a dealer, I dont think you are going to get a temporary tag... but what do I know.

for the most part..... are looking for just an idea of the general condition of the rig as a whole?

I chevrolet dealership should be able to inspections... A good in depth inspection should take an hour minimum and closer to two to three hours to really get in there and poke around...
what day are you looking to do this?

william
Yesterday we spoke with William on the phone. He is going to help us to pick up the bus in Kansas and take a look before we drive back home, we are waiting for insurance answer, we hope have it ready until next Thursday! Just wanted to give a public shout out to William for sharing his time and knowledge, thanks for your priceless tips!
Old 05-28-2022, 09:09 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
I'm in Florida, not licensed in Kansas, but searched Gooble for "Kansas Temporary Tag". The Kansas State link below describes Kansas Statute KSA 8-135(b). Which states, for up to 60 days from the date on the vehicle's title, the new vehicle owner may purchase a temporary tag from any Kansas County Treasurer (at that county's fee)
OR from the vehicle's selling dealer.
Acceptable proof of insurance (company id, policy # and policy expiration date) must be provided

Fee: $3.00
30 DAY PERMITS. 60 Day temporary Registration KSA 8-135(b) This permit allows a Kansas resident or out-of-state resident buying a vehicle from a Kansas dealer or resident to operate the vehicle for a period of time not to exceed 60 days from date of purchase of the vehicle (notary date).

(Kansas Revenue PFD File)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ee5A9VT8xvww-Y

(Douglas County Website)
https://www.douglascountyks.org/serv...nd-60-day-tags
Lots of good info here, take your time.

(Application)
https://www.ksrevenue.org/pdf/tr212.pdf
This last file is a form, the state application to receive the title & registration.

Good Luck. Please update this thread so we learn how everything works with the temporary tag & title, in Kansas.

Next: Insurance. How will you be registering your bus, on the first day home? Seats in or out?

(Edit: also, read this 2015 skoolie.net thread on KS tag & title)
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/k...elp-11515.html
Good to know. Let’s take this.

We got insurance yesterday. Thursday I can see you