Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2020, 11:10 PM   #1

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: international
Engine: Dt 466 e
Rated Cap: 56
Going to bring the bus home

First off thanks to everyone who has been so helpful. We really appreciate the help. Going to pick up the bus (no name yet) kinda waiting for it Its in abbeville sc if anyone is interested .The question is what should I bring with me?Its been sitting I was told about a year looked at it about a month ago started right up couldn't drive it much county owned tires aren't that good but only driving 3to31/2 hours slowly no highway should I change filters or not? Thanks again Sherry and Tim

timohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:21 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I'd just go make sure the fluid levels look good and the tire pressures are right and drive it on home.
That's what I've done with 5 buses now.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:32 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
You will want to bring some basic tools. Open end wrenches, socket set, adjustable wrench, screw drivers ect. It would be a good idea to bring a grease gun and grease the driveline and steering/suspension components. I would check all the fluid levels before hitting the road including engine oil, coolant, power steering, transmission, differential and brake fluid if equipped with hydraulic brakes. If anything is really low try to locate the leak and repair it before you head down the road. Bring a tire pressure gauge and inflate the tires to recommended pressure. Bring a new set of fuel filters along. If the bus has been sitting it could have grown alge in the tank which could plug the filters. Look up a "pre trip inspection checklist" to give you an idea of everything that should be inspected before driving a vehicle.

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote